The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    snipe99

Exhaust

hey i got a question for you guys. Which Exhaust do u think sounds the best on a your galant. Cause im planning on buying one but i really dont know which one to get

I'm really happy with my Magnaflow Race Series purchased from www.roadraceengineering.com
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

BXNYMitsu01
    I have a Remus and man I love the way it sounds on my ride.

Here's a link to one.

http://www.obbnmotorworks.com/Remus_Muffle...s_mufflers.html

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a Remus and man I love the way it sounds on my ride.

Here's a link to one.

http://www.obbnmotorworks.com/Remus_Mufflers/remus_mufflers.html</div>

man i'd love to hear how that remus sounds! which model do you have? i want the "single turbo" model!!!

BXNYMitsu01
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a Remus and man I love the way it sounds on my ride.

Here's a link to one.

http://www.obbnmotorworks.com/Remus_Mufflers/remus_mufflers.html</div>

man i'd love to hear how that remus sounds! which model do you have? i want the "single turbo" model!!! </div>

I have the Single "05" Model. Yeah it sounds nice, and you can't hear it 3 blocks away like those Damn HUNDUHS @ 3:00 in the afternoon.

worth the diff

So is it really worth the difference in price between the remus and the magnaflow? And is it really that loud the race series on a I4, they recommended it only for the V6. Is 200 worth the lil difference?

Thanks,
    mike
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

bump

*BUMP*?
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

BXNYMitsu01

Re: bump

Quote Originally Posted by mike969mb
    *BUMP*?
    To me I just wanted less noise with nice sound.

Senior TGC Member

Re: worth the diff

So is it really worth the difference in price between the remus and the magnaflow? And is it really that loud the race series on a I4, they recommended it only for the V6. Is 200 worth the lil difference?

Thanks,
    mike
    To me, I think they sound virtually the same when comparing MagnaFlow against Remus, but the Remus is a bit more subdued and...I dunno, "classy." There's a reason they're OEM for European manufacturers. The biggest difference between the Remus and MagnaFlow I think is: it's almost a guarantee that there's going to be no droning in the cabin with a Remus. It's a lovely sound outside, and there's no noise inside. However, Remus subscribes to the theory that backpressure is useful, therefore virtually all of their mufflers utilize only a 2 inch (50-51 millimeter) muffler inlet diameter. I don't know if they're a straight through design like MagnaFlow though, because I just couldn't cut mine up. If it is...it shouldn't hurt the car too much over stock, and still add a great sound.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan

Thanks,
    mike
    To me, I think they sound virtually the same when comparing MagnaFlow against Remus, but the Remus is a bit more subdued and...I dunno, "classy." There's a reason they're OEM for European manufacturers. The biggest difference between the Remus and MagnaFlow I think is: it's almost a guarantee that there's going to be no droning in the cabin with a Remus. It's a lovely sound outside, and there's no noise inside. However, Remus subscribes to the theory that backpressure is useful, therefore virtually all of their mufflers utilize only a 2 inch (50-51 millimeter) muffler inlet diameter. I don't know if they're a straight through design like MagnaFlow though, because I just couldn't cut mine up. If it is...it shouldn't hurt the car too much over stock, and still add a great sound.
    Post a picture of the Remus on your car please, Peter. I want to compare it to my Dynomax appearance wise.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Post a picture of the Remus on your car please, Peter. I want to compare it to my Dynomax appearance wise.
    Hey guy sorry I don't have a pic handy, but to save you some time Remus's website does have one for our cars.
    Here it is:

And here's what the resonated tip looks like up close:

I do not know if the universal Remus that BXNYMitsu01 has a resonated tip or not though. Also, if you want the axle-back that Remus makes for our cars, remember that for some reason, the JDM and USDM exhausts are not compatible, and I don't think anyone has figured out why not just yet. On the outside JDM and USDM Galants look like they would have the same dimensions, but I guess not.

The only thing that kept me from going back to the Remus a second time was due to the fact that it's only 2 inches in diameter. True, I never did get a chance to do a flow test but when I replaced it with a Magnaflow, I got back 13 hp and 20 ft lbs of torque at the wheels. Plus I bought a 2.5 inch flange, and I didn't know if the muffler shop could expand two pipes to make up a half inch difference.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

BXNYMitsu01

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Hey guy sorry I don't have a pic handy, but to save you some time Remus's website does have one for our cars.
    Here it is:

And here's what the resonated tip looks like up close:

I do not know if the universal Remus that BXNYMitsu01 has a resonated tip or not though. The only thing that kept me from going back to the Remus a second time was due to the fact that it's only 2 inches in diameter. True, I never did get a chance to do a flow test but when I replaced it with a Magnaflow, I got back 13 hp and 20 ft lbs of torque at the wheels. Plus I bought a 2.5 inch flange, and I didn't know if the muffler shop could expand two pipes to make up a half inch difference.

Click on my link to see my Remus.