The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Showing results 561 to 580 of 680
    like Galantman says see if it shifts into all gears while the car is off, if it shifts smoothly youll have to adjust the clutch pedal, if that doesnt work your slave cylinder rod might be to short. what clutch are you running??

if it doesnt go into gear with the car off check the shifter cables on the tranny, you may have put them on wrong gear selector bracket. people do it all the time.

I drove the car before.the slave cylinder was fine on it.the car goes into year smoothly when the cars off.it doesn't seem to go into any gear when the cars on.the foot pedal was adjusted and the line was bled already.I'm running the act 2600 with own flywheel.the car ran great on this set up before
    Last edited by Gtorque; 07-13-2011 at 08:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    I drove the car before.the slave cylinder was fine on it.the car goes into year smoothly when the cars off.it doesn't seem to go into any gear when the cars on.the foot pedal was adjusted and the line was bled already
    What does it do if you put it in gear while it is running does it grind or hop or anything?

hmmm same clutch and everythng as before, thats weird. i dunno what else check. try swapping the cables around on the tranny anyway, it wont hurt anything if there wrong.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    When it was "working before" What did you do from then until now? Sometimes the tranny doesnt sit "correctly" on those dowel pins in the engine block. The dowels im referring to are the ones that go around the bolt holes for the bolts that hold the tranny to the engine, if they are slightly off center and you bolt it up, it will look right, but you'll be about 5mm or further away from the block, which will cause the TOB to not engage properly and wont let the car go into gear. Also, regarding bleeding the clutch, make sure the line is air tight and if your not already using a fully metal line, get one. You can either get the SS one to replace the rubber middle line or just get a complete SS line from the master cylinder to the slave, that will make a big difference.

Lastly, you might have to shim the pivot ball on the tranny. The pivot ball is that ball screwed into the tranny on the inside of the bell housing, the clutch fork attaches to it. Thats a known DSM problem. You essentially space the pivot ball further away from the tranny housing which puts the TOB closer to the clutch. You do this by putting a small washer or two behind the pivot ball, then re-installing the ball, use loctite.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    What does it do if you put it in gear while it is running does it grind or hop or anything?
    It just straight up does not want to go into gear.no grinding or anything but my footsteps all the way down on the pedal and it will not budge.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    When it was "working before" What did you do from then until now? Sometimes the tranny doesnt sit "correctly" on those dowel pins in the engine block. The dowels im referring to are the ones that go around the bolt holes for the bolts that hold the tranny to the engine, if they are slightly off center and you bolt it up, it will look right, but you'll be about 5mm or further away from the block, which will cause the TOB to not engage properly and wont let the car go into gear. Also, regarding bleeding the clutch, make sure the line is air tight and if your not already using a fully metal line, get one. You can either get the SS one to replace the rubber middle line or just get a complete SS line from the master cylinder to the slave, that will make a big difference.

Lastly, you might have to shim the pivot ball on the tranny. The pivot ball is that ball screwed into the tranny on the inside of the bell housing, the clutch fork attaches to it. Thats a known DSM problem. You essentially space the pivot ball further away from the tranny housing which puts the TOB closer to the clutch. You do this by putting a small washer or two behind the pivot ball, then re-installing the ball, use loctite.
    I actually bought a full from slave to master ss line for the evo.will this work alright? It seemed to look like the same set up like the eclipse.I didn't do anything different at all same install as before.maybe it could be off alittle. What do I do? Do I loosen the tranny and try to shift it over alittle or what?

I'm thinking about getting a extended slave push rod for the mean time just to see if this will help the problem for now. Anyone know what rod I need. will the 1990-1999 dsm one work?

Yeah thats the same rod. I personally made my own rod from a piece of mild steel bar that I bought. I just bought the same diameter rod as the stock rod and then machined the edges rounded with a dremel and die grinder.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I'm thinking about getting a extended slave push rod for the mean time just to see if this will help the problem for now. Anyone know what rod I need. will the 1990-1999 dsm one work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Yeah thats the same rod. I personally made my own rod from a piece of mild steel bar that I bought. I just bought the same diameter rod as the stock rod and then machined the edges rounded with a dremel and die grinder.
    I made mine too, BUT if I was you, and knowing what I know now, I would get some aluminum rod, so it doesn't rust at all, and so it doesn't wear into the slave piston and the fork pivot area, the steel I used is eroding it away

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    ^^ Aluminum is pretty soft though, no?

Okay great. I'll get one for the mean time and after ill make an aluminum rod. Hopefully this helps the problem cause I know I installed everything exactly the same as before. If it works it sure beats having to take the transmission back off.if this works dyno here I come :)

By the way guys my father painted the talon last weekend. It came out amazing!! The front and back bumpers and side mirrors have to be done still.next week hopefully it will all be done. I'll post pics up soon.

I would stay away from the aluminum rod, especially since your in Florida where your not going to have much rusting. The aluminum rod wont stand up to repeated abuse it will bend.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I want to get some fender flares from the 240 Z for the talon. What do u guys think the flares with the dimples for the bolts or no dimples?

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    ^^ Aluminum is pretty soft though, no?
    not the some yes, but you would have to get the T6061? grade aluminum.. industrial aluminum

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Ahemmm!!!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    achoo

I would like to thank Cali again and VIPtint for meeting up and shipping the super VR-4 side skirts to me! Also Galante for selling my these JDM Aspire taillights.

I ended up putting the stock fenders back on because the F1s were giving me to much problems.Oh well, what do you think?

Those tails are sick
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Nice . If you want a white with not a whole lot of pearl, the oem white for s14's is nice. I had a white 95 240sx..pearl really didn't show much until night. That's if you wanna play it safe with a color that won't have too much pearl. I think its aspen pearl white or something like that. Cause to me sometimes certain pearl whites can come off as too much of a cream color.

Quote Originally Posted by ivory_g View Post
    ahemmm!!!

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast