The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EGR problem

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

EGR problem

my check engine light has been on for over a year now and i can't seem to fix it. the obd2 code says its an egr valve, i've changed the egr several times, it doesn't fix it. i've cleared the code every time i change the egr. i need to know what else can possibly cause that code, like the egr solenoid, vacuum control valve, etc. nothing seems to be wrong with the way its running, except every once in a while when sitting idling if the air or heat is on the car will stumble and almost die, never has died but acts like it wants to, i shut off the heat or a/c and it runs fine after that. doesn't do it all the time either, just every once in a while, not sure if its related to the egr thing or not. its a 2001 v6, everything is stock.
    Last edited by j_gritty; 10-07-2011 at 09:22 PM

TGC Regular
    I did all 4 and it seem to worked. EGR Valve, EGR vacumn controller, EGR Solenoid and just clean out the lines which was the hardest part since I had to take off the intake manifold. Got this over a year ago and same idle as you did. 2002 with 122k when it began. Fixed it at 136k.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant