The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How does it sound?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    mitsgalantes01

How does it sound?

Anyone with an aftermarket muffler with or without a CAI have sound clips that you can post. It would really help me decide what I actually want.

leadfoot
    i have a magnaflow muffler and it sounds great it's nice and deep. but when you get to about 4500 rpm and up it sounds sick like a loud hissing sound very nice i always get people looking at my car when driving fast. plus it looks good too. if i were you i would get a magnaflow but that's just me my brother had one on his CL and it sounded even better (he had a 3.0 i got a 2.4) he sold it and i raced the kid that got it him from him when he was passing me i had to roll up the window it was so loud.

I have an Aerospeed muffler with custom cat back exhaust piping, and it's nice and deep, get a lot of looks from it as well, but I do have the same problem as lead foot, that when I get up at about 4000rpm's + that it has this weird sound...it doesn't sound bad, it just doesn't sound normal.

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

I got a magnaflow race series muffler and an AEM CAI and I agree with leadfoot
    I love the sound
    nice and deep
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

dunno if it's gonna help but here's a video clip REMEDY posted of my car at a meet last year...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289...tulation_page=Y

AEM CAI
    MPH down pipe w/ no catalytic converters (basically straight pipe from the manifods back)
    2.75" mandrel bent piping and THERMAL R&D race muffler and 5" tip.

leadfoot
    if you have a header and an intake it helps the sound of the muffler alot that and bigger piping and hi performance cat's. im going to be getting a AEM CAI, header and a single stage hi flow cat when i get these i will have a video clip of my car but dont expect the clip until like the winter.

b-boy_sky
    Here's a sound clip of my 01 I4 with an injen cold air intake RPW headers & high flow cat and 2.5" cat back with an OBX muffler with a 4" tip.....

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290...33691684&idx=40