The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: All-Motor 4G64 200 Wheel HP Buildup

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    SCortes

All-Motor 4G64 200 Wheel HP Buildup

Okay, I know that this will be extremely difficult and most will say don't waste time, just go with a SC or Turbo. But, I'd really like to go through with this project. To make it happen, I'm going to need alot of help from the TGC family. All of you know much more about the engine, better yet the entire Galant, than I do. I really have no idea where to start, but if anyone can help I'd like to know what's necessary to get this done. I know it'll take time, and the car will be off road for a while so I can get it done asap. Thanks in advance. BTW, would this cause any changes to the way Ripp's SC works for the i4?

leadfoot
    first off you need to get the basic bolt on's intake, header and exhuast and pulleys. the pulleys you can get from AEM. the intake you can get from PT tuning they make a racing division cold air intake from injen. for the header you can go to ripp and get there header it adds the most power as far as header. and from the exhuast back you can get a larger pipe. i would say a 3 inch would be as big as you would need to go. after the bolt on's JE makes pistons get pistons that raise the compression crewor makes high revving rods you can also get these. and for all the other stuff go to RPW they have stage 3 cam shafts, cam gears to run the shafts and a 70mm throttle body if you want but before all of that you will need a SAFC, injectors, and a fuel pump walbro 255 is great. all of the internals part need the fuel managment. and if you dont give a shit about you car being a daily driver you can get a QUAD system but it will lower you gas mileage to like 10 MPG

SCortes
    Thanks Lead, I think I'll pass on the QUAD system since I use the Galant 90% of the time I'm on the road.

Intake, Exaust, Header, Straight pipe (no cat) Port and polish the hell out of the head, Bore the throttle body, may wanna switch to the Manual. to free some of the horses to the wheel, Cam would be a good investment, As well as gears, pulleys, Apexi s-AFC to tune. rods pistons. That's about all you can to do this point and you may see.......165-175whp
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

leadfoot
    if you port and polish and get the ross pistons and crewor rod with with compression you will be at above 190whp and you can also get tranny upgrades to take the extra abuse i dont think it will give you more power but it will make you faster and your tranny will last longer. word of advise dont go to level 10 for tranny upgrades. i have heard good things from B&M might want to call them up and see what they got.

b-boy_sky

Re: All-Motor 4G64 200 Wheel HP Buildup

Quote Originally Posted by SCortes
    BTW, would this cause any changes to the way Ripp's SC works for the i4?
    If you go with the higher compression pistons(if you wanna do 200 WHP you have to) then you do not want to super/turbo charge your car. Most people lower the compression because the amount of pressure from the force induction. High compression pistions + forced induction = blown engine.

leadfoot
    actualy i send ross from ripp an email when the SDS first came out and i suggested that i run lower compression and he said the opposite to run higher compression to get more power now this is for the SDS. im not talking about any form of forced induction but if your going to get a SDS and are going to do a motor built get higher compression pistons as i was told to do. anyways he said he's not going for forced induction as far as i know so get higher compression pistons they will make a pretty big difference once you ave the basic bolt on's and fuel management.