The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: does the 4g64 have a second temp sensor?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

does the 4g64 have a second temp sensor?

ok guys I been noticing issues with my temp gauge moving a lot, yet my ultragauge reads my temps just normal. I have an ultra gauge that connects to my obd2 and give me real time data like rpm, speed, mpg, air temp, water temp Ect, it does a lot and it make me drive like an old lady since I'm pushing 26mpg with simple bolt ons, my question is do our cars have a second temp sensor? I disconnected my water temp sensor and the gauge is at zero but my ultragauge reads my temp still, I plan to replace the sensor here shortly but would like to confirm this with some one who has another data loger like EVO scan or something, or someone to explain this.

my ultragauge reads at 205*-213*warmed up, also like to confirm what our temps should be fully warmed up
    yes at that temps my guage cluster is at half way.

I'm trying to rule out a few things

4g64
    need any more info let me kno

Experienced TGC Member
    Im boosted and my temps have never gone over 222* but i run meth injection. Your temps sound normal. I own a 7g and we have a temp sensor and a sensor that sends the signal to the gauge in the car.

Ok according to the PCM operating temp should be around 77 Celsius 170.6 Fahrenheit. The Tstat opens up after the engine fully warms up around 82º Cº 179.6 Fº. Thats about the right temp. Your temp is fine. If it dont go above 225 you are good. Just do a coolant flush ti clear some deposites.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

thxs guys so I kno my temps are normal, just odd that I'm still getting a reading on my ultraguage for temp when I disconnected it under the hood,

I've replaced the water temp sensor as I too was having issues with the gauge showing that I was running hot. Didn't change anything. Was wondering if there was something else too.

Is not the temp sensor. U need to do a engine and a radiator coolant flush. U will be supriced how much shit gets inside after a while.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I was just wondering if there was another sensor for the ecu that reads temp

I plan on putting another t stat and temp sensor and a another flush this week

The pcm has a few sensor that monitors temp. Air temp in the maf. Egr temp.etc.

SOHC Turbo