The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What company makes Engine Dress-up kits?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    TGC Regular

What company makes Engine Dress-up kits?

I need to know what companies make "full" dress up kits for Honda/Acura and other engines? I think a company named STR and Dokken does, but I'm not sure. I wanted to know, so I could start bugging them about making one for our use since we share the same engines with several other cars, and know there would be a good demand. When I say "full" dress kit, I mean more than the current silicone and wire mesh "hose" covers. I mean covers or replacements for items such the caps and boxes under the hood. I was just looking under the hood today, and counted about 12 or so items that could be made, and would be great to be included in one kit.

1)fuse box cover(like Injen makes...but much cheaper..lol)
    2)oil cap(same as above)
    3)power steering reservoir cap
    4)brake fluid reservoir cap
    5)windshield washer fuild cap
    6)new dip stick
    7)heat shield
    8)valve cover
    9)battery cover/box
    10)battery tie-down bar
    11)radiator cap
    12)spark plug wire routing cover

Well just some ideas. I'll try contacting a company like Weapon-R, maybe they would be willing. But you guys post some companies you know of and maybe we can start bothering them to make these items. Also for you guys in big customizing area like Cali, maybe you can ask a local machine shop about making these things and tell them to offer them here on the board. Anyway, just response so we can see what kinda of demand there is for these items.

Tiptronic
    www.hosetechniques.com

they do silicone hose replacement kits.

other than that, you just have to buy the split loom and use that. theres also braided hose kits that will slide over certain hoses. again, most use the split loom stuff, which can be found at any auto parts store

hot wires
    streetglow

you can also check www.roadraceengineering.com
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

alot of those parts you might just wanna paint. paint can do a good job. another idea is to look at the 2g eclipse dress up kits, the one for the 2g turbo and sypder, i bet we share at least one of those caps lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    Hey Jayedone and Mitsu_I4, thanks for your response but I wasn't looking for the loom or silicone hose kits since I have access to them already. I wanted covers for our various reservoirs and other engine bay parts. Pinoy I like your idea about painting them, but I wanted a more metallic powder coated or anodized look, rather than using engine paint. But there are a couple of new paint products that just hit the market that might achieve the look I want. But right now they only offer it in yellow and red, and I want purple. But the good news is that NorCal Performance says that they will look into this venture, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. If they don't go with this project, I guess I'll try hitting up my local machine shops or try to make them myself. (watch out Home Depot....here I come again.)

well I painted my fuse box cover, my antifreeze resevoir cap, the power steering and power brake fluid caps

I used engine paint that was left over from painting my rotors and calipers

2001 Galant ES

Aztec
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>well I painted my fuse box cover, my antifreeze resevoir cap, the power steering and power brake fluid caps
    I used engine paint that was left over from painting my rotors and calipers</div>

doesn't the paint fake off with the heat of car ?

TGC Regular
    Yeah, how well does that paint adhere to those plastic parts with the exposure to the heat of the engine compartment?

Tiptronic
    pretty good as long as you dont rush to do it

also remember to clean the parts really good before painting. the paint won't stick as well if there is a layer of dirt on top of the part. and yea, take your time.

for a most broader range of colors, people have used model panit. like the lil toy models that u build, the testors brand to paint the parts in their engine bay

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

cdaw2001ES
    sorry to bring up a old ass topic, but I Used The Search Tool

?'s About painting
    Is it safe to paint the radiator hoses, with 1200deg ceramic paint, or would the paint "melt" the rubber??

Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE
    well I painted my fuse box cover, my antifreeze resevoir cap, the power steering and power brake fluid caps

i painted my fuse box cover that same color and its bin comin off :cry:
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE

Diego

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    But the good news is that NorCal Performance says that they will look into this venture, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. If they don't go with this project, I guess I'll try hitting up my local machine shops or try to make them myself. (watch out Home Depot....here I come again.)
    There isn't any good news about NorCal performance. If they make the kit, which I doubt, it will take them forever to do it. There are still people waiting that paid for a lower strut bar from Norcal in June of 2002. Norcal has the money and continually whines about Production delays. But still no strut bar...they wil however give you a free vacation with every purchase. So in a word or two...Fuck NorCal.

Quote Originally Posted by cdaw2001ES
    sorry to bring up a old ass topic, but I Used The Search Tool

?'s About painting
    Is it safe to paint the radiator hoses, with 1200deg ceramic paint, or would the paint "melt" the rubber??
    The radiator hose doesn't reach 1200 degrees, so no it won't melt the paint. However two things to keep in mind. Rubber doesn't hold paint very well, and most importantly, the radiator hoses are constantly expanding and contracting. So while the paint won't melt, it will likely crack from the hose expansion.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

My company, Injekt Industries will be producing several custom parts in the near future for many different cars. I do plan on producing many for the Galant. Color is not an issue, as we can pretty much do whatever you need to fit your style. If you need something designed and created out of metal, we can do it. Let me know if you are interested and we can possibly set something up. We are developing our website as I speak, so stay tunned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy
    My company, Injekt Industries will be producing several custom parts in the near future for many different cars. I do plan on producing many for the Galant. Color is not an issue, as we can pretty much do whatever you need to fit your style. If you need something designed and created out of metal, we can do it. Let me know if you are interested and we can possibly set something up. We are developing our website as I speak, so stay tunned for that.
    Hell yea Nick, I'm way interested. You know I already powder coated my valve covers, so red caps for the major resevoirs (power steering, washer, brake fluid) would be my next logical move. Keep me posted. Thanks!

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by galantv600

mines cracking a little too ...I'm gonna repaint...I think this time I'm gonna clear coat after the paint, I didn't the 1st time

2001 Galant ES

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy
    Hell yea Nick, I'm way interested. You know I already powder coated my valve covers, so red caps for the major resevoirs (power steering, washer, brake fluid) would be my next logical move. Keep me posted. Thanks!

Chip
    Seems like there is a lot of interest in some parts. As I stated, we can do pretty much any type of design to fit your style. We were just putting the finishing design on my partners new oil cap. It was custom made to his specification, which he wanted a "ninja star" type design. Like I was saying though, anything can be done, and if enough interest is shown we will be very happy to work with TGC to create some great dress up pieces. We also plan on cutting our own line of rims in the future, but as of now we are not. If you can pull enough interest in something let me know Chip, and I will have our design enginer create a blueprint of what it would be like.

TGC Regular
    Hey Injekt, thanks for showing and interest in us and our needs. I think if you could produce the parts i've list in the original posts, there will be a pretty good demand for them. Especially since the same engine parts are shared can be used for the Galant,Eclipse, and Stratus. Please keep us informed on your progress with this undertaking. Oh yeah, since you mentioned powdercoating will not be a problem....put me down for purple or a good high polish metal color

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Hey Injekt, thanks for showing and interest in us and our needs. I think if you could produce the parts i've list in the original posts, there will be a pretty good demand for them. Especially since the same engine parts are shared can be used for the Galant,Eclipse, and Stratus. Please keep us informed on your progress with this undertaking. Oh yeah, since you mentioned powdercoating will not be a problem....put me down for purple or a good high polish metal color
    Actually, check out the GB forum. I just made a post this morning about this and I am checking the interest. I am hoping to put together a parts list, and I am going to meet with my machinest, engineer, and my parter to sort out pricing details. Now as for powercoating - like I stated I was pretty sure, but not 100% sure that we can do this. I am going to get you guys an answer on this ASAP. I don't want to make any promises that I can not keep. I will let you know the full details as soon as I know. Thanks!