The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car puter, Car pc, Computer

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Car puter, Car pc, Computer

As title may someone point me in the direction of the best carputer to buy from eBay?. Anyone had experience with them maby?.
    I want to run my iTunes on it and navigation and run a guage cluster setup as my screen saver but try run real time gauges ?. Am I dreaming?.
    Many thanx
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    As title may someone point me in the direction of the best carputer to buy from eBay?. Anyone had experience with them maby?.
    I want to run my iTunes on it and navigation and run a guage cluster setup as my screen saver but try run real time gauges ?. Am I dreaming?.
    Many thanx
    Ask zobgel bro. He has experience with a CarPC. He had one on his 8g.

He recently sold his in the Buy and sell section.

So I think he can help you with this.

I yanked mine out after spending the summer trying to mess with it. The blue tooth solutions suck right now as do most of the interfaces. Forget iTunes too. None of the user interfaces I found really work well with it. CarPC's haven't matured yet as a user friendly system.

That said, there is a system on MP3car.com that uses your iPhone as the in car computer. It's a bit pricey but it'd take care of your music and navigation needs. Not sure if there is an app that'd let you monitor your car via blue tooth though I know the OBD2 connector is out there.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin