The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help find a gauge bezel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    yeah, i was about to buy that one but i stumbled upon this one. i had wanted one with rolled edges for a more finished look. did you install yours over your existing bezel or did you remove the black pastic bezel? one of the reasons i wanted the rolled edges was so the bezel wasn't floating way above the gauges. i guess i'll just turn right back around and sell this piece of vinyl on ebay.
    I installed it right over the black one. It really doesn't float that high above the indiglow gauges, and it looks sick at night.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

VIO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritborn
    ...you should get the white hvac overlays to match your gauges.
    Where can I get those?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2428604936

i've talked to a couple of people that have these and are pretty happy with them. they are just overlays of course and you have to have a real steady hand when applying them but they're pretty sick looking. i remember seeing a pic on this board of someone who had these. look around you might be able to find it. i remember that the thread wasn't about these though.
    Just so you don't get too disappointed, this is just a thin indoor grade vinyl sticker that goes on your AC controls. It doesn't replace any of the existing parts, and you have to remove the AC knobs to put it on.

Why do I mention this? Because removing the AC control knobs is a major bitch. I actually cracked my AC bezel trying to get the knobs off. They're locked in with a retaing ring and gear, which I found nearly impossible to remove.
    good tip on removing the knobs. that's really good info to know. i wonder if anyone's found a way to remove the knobs a bit more easily.

VIO
    i painted my stock bezel today. just the part that covers the gauges, i taped off the rest of it. i used the "chrome" spray paint, which we all know never looks like chrome. however, that is a good thing since i wanted an aluminum look. i applied it in very heavy layers so it would be nice and smooth and i'll be damned if it doesn't look just like aluminum! of course if you look at the edges and the over all shape of the bezel you can tell it's painted plastic but you certainly have to think about it for a second as it's just got that perfect aluminum color and finish to it. i'm really happy with it. i can't wait to install it tomorrow after the paint has cured!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12