The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help ASAP.....Not holding the idle

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Help ASAP.....Not holding the idle

Ok, here is the deal....

I went to the store and got me a new battery. Put it in the car and let it run for a few min. Everything was ok. Turned the car off and went back in to the store to exchange the old battery in for the core and when i came back out to the car and started it it turns over just fine but then it dies. The car will start fine but it will not hold the idle at all. It just keeps falling till the car shuts off. Anyone able to help me out with this?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You car is relearning everything, it will do this for a few minutes. Just drive away with it, you will feel the tranny shift a bit odd also. You should clean your TB too.

^x2. It should not be that bad when the pcm is relearning new readings. That means one of your sensor is going bad. Double check for any vacuum leaks. around the MAF and tb. Also clean MAF sensor with MAF cleaner and make sure is plug in when you are done.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I remember the first time this happened to me, probably one of the biggest bricks I ever shitted. And then it was ok..Lol!

Sweet. Well it wasnt my car car, but it was GalantDreamers. Everything is ok now. He was just super worried about it and i had no idea what it was.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Well, I thought that the problem was fixed. I have a pretty major oil leak and it is doing it again. I have been driving it everyday putting about 100 miles on it a day for the past week with no problems and today I go to the school to pick up my daughter and SHE dies again... I dont know what to do!?!?!?

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Do you have any codes or lights?

No codes and no lights.... I dont know what the hell is going on. I was told it keeps doing it because of low oil pressure. I dont know....

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

search this "car shudders and may shut off when A/Cis on FIX!!" it might not be your problems. but i chased this one for 2 yrs including taking it to a shop and spending 300 when my final fix was only about bucks, basically the stock wiring on my iac failed due to stress, vibration , and erosion of the wiring at the iac connector so I went to jy got one off a lancer number the wires and made my own harness with extended wiring so it would not be under so much stress and works fine now.