The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What would happen if....

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

What would happen if....

I put a i4 CAI on a V6 ? What is the difference between the two intakes? Thanks for the help.....

It probably wouldn't hit the mounts correctly Ed, so it might be hanging free unless you made modifications. The pipe curvatures are significantly different between the V6 and the I4. Not that it wouldn't work, it would just have to be modified somewhat.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Thanks Fish, I just wanted to make sure....

I have had intakes in my I4 that belonged in a v6
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    It probably wouldn't hit the mounts correctly Ed, so it might be hanging free unless you made modifications. The pipe curvatures are significantly different between the V6 and the I4. Not that it wouldn't work, it would just have to be modified somewhat.
    utterly correct Fish....the curvature isn't much different..only the mounts would need to be modified.

toc8g
    I was gonna say,....I had a V6 Injen 1st Gen CAI on my I-4 with no problems in the curves or bolt on department, but then again the whole Injen Tube design sucked anyway with the tube rubbing on the battery post in the V6 and I-4. I don't think anyone has really measured up a V6 CAI to a I-4 CAI with the newer model intakes because I-4 and V6 intakes are so readily available.....that used to not be the case back when us old timers were trying to mod up our brand spankin new 8g's.

To Be real honest like Chip said I think their is gonna be a difference between the 2 on the bolt on action here are the two intakes.

I made the mistake of buying a V6 CAI for my I4. And it didnt mount right, it would wobble, and it looked crooked.

I sold the V6 to friend with a V6

And ordered my self an I4 for my I4, Perfect !!!
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

toc8g
    Quote Originally Posted by GaLaNtKeV99
    I made the mistake of buying a V6 CAI for my I4. And it didnt mount right, it would wobble, and it looked crooked.

I sold the V6 to friend with a V6

And ordered my self an I4 for my I4, Perfect !!!

Their we go problem solved!!!!!! End of Story, Thanks GaLaNtKeV99!!!