The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Underdrive Pulley Set

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    AlucarD777

Underdrive Pulley Set

I found a seemingly nice set on http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/mitsubishi...hi_eclipse.html
    For a 2.4 spyder eclipse. You get the Crank, Alt., P/S, & W/P pulleys for $520. Does anyone think it's worth it?

Mindless
    I plan on getting those as soon as I have the money. Word of advice though, check out their specials section they have some of those heavily discounted.

HiperSilver
    id suggest not getting em, for the 1-2 hp you are going to see from them on a stock motor, itll give a lot more wear and the engine. I can go into detail if u want

AlucarD777
    My motor isn't all stock. I have a cold air intake,ngk plug wires and plugs, stright exhaust a ported intake manifold and a 1G 63mm throttle body. 8) I would hope I would get more than 1 or 2 HP from them since they are so costly. If that is the case maybe i should think it over. :?

stryker204
    i havent really heard anyprblems with the 4g64 with underdrive pullys....but i have heard of Eclipse's and 3kgt's having big problems with underdrive pullys.....they said that it threw there motors off balance and u can just imagin what happend after that

you should be fine with pulleys just dont change the Crank one.

Mindless
    Dude, just get the pulleys. They wouldn't be made if they would fuck your engine up. There's only way I can see these messing up your car and that's if they are installed wrong, the wrong belts are used, or if someone installed the crank pulley but also had their balance shaft elminated.

If you go to www.unorthodoxracing.com and read their F.A.Q.'s you'll know what I'm talking about.

If/when you do get them make sure you get them for the '96-'99 Eclipsew Spyder.

AlucarD777
    What's wrong with the crank pulley? Is the Spyder Eclipse crank differant than the Galant's?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlucarD777)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's wrong with the crank pulley? Is the Spyder Eclipse crank differant than the Galant's?</div>

there's been some talk about crack pulleys and harmonic dampeners and how the stock pulley absorbs vibration. so when you change the pulley you eliminate the dampner piece. so over time your engine will get shaken up. i dont know how true this is. some people say no some say yes but i personally wouldnt trust it. the galant engine is crappy enough as it is.

Mindless
    this is an urban legend...I emailed unorthodox racing about this and it is not true. In fact you can go to their website and they address this in their FAQ section.

stryker204
    i sure as hell kno if i had a defect with my product and someone mailed me asking if i did i surly wouldnt tell them i did....im just goin by the facts of the motors it has happened on....

Mindless
    so, would they stay in business if all the sold was a defective product?

stryker204
    wouldnt u think that the motor had fucked up on ur part....i would have....i usually dont shoot blames straight at the company unless i have heard of some other defects on there products....but then again that is just my opion