The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Panic button on a 03 ES

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Panic button on a 03 ES

I have an 03 ES that did not come with a key fob. I have searched on here and from what I understand I need a key fob with FCC ID: OUCG8D-525M-A, and a dealer confirmed that OEM PN: MR-587980 should work, but understandably could not guarantee it would work unless the dealership programed it on. And the service guy said that the remote will have lock/unlock/trunk buttons but didn't know if the remote had a panic button, and didn't know if the 03 es models had a panic button standard.

So my questions to you guys is, did the 03 ES come with a panic button? And does it matter if the remote I buy off of ebay has a panic button in addition to the standard lock/unlock/trunk buttons as long as it has the correct FCC ID? I don't care about having a working panic feature, but it seems I can find the four button remotes cheaper than the ones that don't have a panic button on the bottom.

Any help you give me in area would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I know my 2k had a lock unlock n panic button.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

my 03 has unlock, lock, and trunk but no panic button

There no program button buy one from ebay and program it yourself its easy theres a tut on here just stick a wire into w.e pin it say then run the wire to the ground on the battery and begin to program it with the instructions the remote came with (mine came with instructions)
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Little bit of an update. I tried a spare remote my roommate had for his 05 Endeavor, same FCC ID, but different button layout than ours, his is lock/unlock/panic button on top. I put a new battery in the remote, got my Galant in programming mode as per tutorial (locks locked and unlocked), pressed the lock button thrice inside of ten seconds and nada. I repeated this four times and still got nothing.

This leads me to believe that either , A: The remote I tried was crap (which is possible) or, B: I need a remote that has the same buttons that my 03 es came with. Ebay has four remotes with different layouts that say they can be programmed to a 03 Galant. As per littlerick I think I'm going to try the lock/unlock/trunk and no panic option.