The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thermostat to cylinder head gasket

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    bk__11

Thermostat to cylinder head gasket

I am having a tough time finding the gasket that goes between the thermostat housing and the cylinder head. It is the gasket that is in the rectangle recess on the housing, like a rectangular ring. I have been to several dealers and looked all over on the net, but I still can't find it. If any of you know the part number for this gasket or where I can find one please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    BK

you went to the dealer and they told you NOTHING, thats weird. but i for one dont know the part number. a member from NY is selling parts to his galant, give me a PM, hes screen name is " bronxbombr " maybe he can help you....if not and you find out where the piece is located on the engine, let me know b-cuz i have a spare engine in my garage.

just use a high grade liquid gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    just use a high grade liquid gasket.
    you could use that, BUT i was told that those liquid gaskets WERENT really that good....i foronw have never used it, but if some other people here have, and say its good....then go for it....

bk__11
    i have never used any type of liquid gasket..does it provide a good enough seal?..does the liquid gasket material deterioriate over time causing leaks?..

a quality liquid gasket is a MUCH better seal than a normal gasket.
    the only thing you need to know is that the surfaces need to be totally clean and smooth.

Otherwise, mitsu has pretty much eliminated all paper gaskets from their cars. the only gaskets they use anymore are head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, and exhaust manifold gaskets. Almost everything else is liquid.

Moosh
    inlet manifolds are using liquid gaskets now too?

Moosh

Quote Originally Posted by Moosh
    nah, theyre gaskets.

actually, theyre starting to use plastic plenums with "o" rings to seal them now.
    expect the whole line to be like that soon.