The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What kind of laptop do you to tune your G?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

What kind of laptop do you to tune your G?

Ive been looking around for one just for this purpose. Will this one do?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Black...arter/19801699

Any laptop will do as long you have USB port. EVOSCAN, and ECUFLASH works with windows xp and 7.

If you Get a MAC. only ECUFLASH is compatible. You need bootcamp or a double partition to keep a windows as a virtual machine or dual boot to run evoscan.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Ok. Thanks man. In your experience would you recommend a small one (like the one on the link i posted) or just a regular size laptop.

Yeah thats great size since you need to move it in and out of the car.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member
    One thing to mention about the smaller screens is that it can make it a little difficult with viewing the maps in EcuFlash, as well as watching data logs/monitors in EvoScan. I checked out one of the smaller 10" screens but was too small for my liking. Marc runs a saller screen with no issues, though with the above as his only complaint though. I run everything on a little Acer 11" Netbook which is small, but a little easier to view than the smaller screens.

The netbooks are perfect for tuning though, small, lightweight and very mobile which makes them perfect for the tuning.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

The only thing about those is that they dont have a cd-rom drive,you can get an external one though.You would most likely need that though.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The only thing about those is that they dont have a cd-rom drive,you can get an external one though.You would most likely need that though.
    All of the EcuFlash and EvoScan tuning software is obtained via online downloading, no CDs required/used.

Also I should note that simply making copies from of the disc onto a USB drive makes it easy to add to a netbook without the cost of an external device if you don't have one

www.blackheartmotors.net

what cable is best used for the 8g/3g?

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    All of the EcuFlash and EvoScan tuning software is obtained via online downloading, no CDs required/used.

Also I should note that simply making copies from of the disc onto a USB drive makes it easy to add to a netbook without the cost of an external device if you don't have one
    Yeah that is true,the netbooks arent to bad i have had one before.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    what cable is best used for the 8g/3g?
    Tactrix 2.0

The Tactrix 1.3 cables may still be floating around out there but they have since been discontinued and they were having problems with this version of the cable not working with the latest version of EcuFlash for some people.

www.blackheartmotors.net