The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: any one know about these bulbs

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

any one know about these bulbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2404272239&rd=1
    does any one know if they are as good as they say even though i already bought them

TGC Regular
    Well i dont know much about them...but you might want to be careful about the wattage though
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>High Wattage 100/130W light output with only 80/85W current draw</div>

Might want to change to a thicker harness
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

Experienced TGC Member
    I see you already bought them... well with an 80W current draw chances are they will burn out in a month or so. You may get lucky though who knows
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

are you sure that they would burn out that fast?

TGC Regular
    Well who knows.....i had a set of 80w bulbs once and they lasted me about 9 months!!! Until they killed my harness. And that sucked badly!!!

how much would a new harness cost

ncrican
    hey lax if u can go to your car shop place and they can get stronger wires for ur lights. thats what i had to do after the first time they all burnt out. i got the wires and ive had the lights now for a good 2 months. no sign of burnin yet.

what exactly would i ask for? would they have it at adv. auto parts or auto zone

TGC Regular
    well after i burnt mine .....i went to the dealer like a and paid $10 for one that wasnt even thicker than the old one. So dont go there.

Actually i have seen them pop up in the ricer section of pepboys for like $5 each.

If not there then try this...
    http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ord-Light~b...ness-1-4671.htm
    or
    http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Light~bulbs...671-1-1-1-1.cfm

But maybe someone know some place that carries them cheaper.

i dont know how i would put that in can some one help

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laxattack2001)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont know how i would put that in can some one help</div>

What i did was cut the burnt harness off....you will see that there is 2 wires...just connect the new harness to the correct wires.....just connect black to black and red to red...done

ok i didnt think i was going to be that easy i think ill look in the ricer section of adv. auto parts and auto zone before i look online for the wire harness

Galant Ryder
    make sure you dont connect the high wattage bulbs to the regular harness at least not for a long time. i did that and left it until the bulb went off..it was still good but the plastic from the harness melted to my bulbs. it was a bitch to change the harness because it was all 1 piece. i didnt know it was cause of the wattage of the bulbs so i went through about 5 or 6 pairs of harnesses before i went back to regular wattage bulbs. i didnt know they had heavy duty wattage harnesses. my suggestion is either get those heavy duty harnesses..i might get a pair my self. or get regular wattage bulb. they wont be as hyper white but it will save your harnesses.

im just gonna go ahead and get the high wattage harness i just gotta look arround my city for them if i cant find them then ill get them over the net thanks to all that helped

just go to www.spwusa.com they have heavy duty wiring harnesses for $15 for the pair. I did that and they worked fine. So check them out that way you dont have go all over for nothing, and they deliver to your house. To put em on all you do is cut the old harness off and crimp the new one on. Takes like five minutes total. They are like about 2 times as thick as the stock ones.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

where would i cut & crimp

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laxattack2001
    where would i cut & crimp
    Just buy the rewire kits, you wont have that problem, same principal as the fuel pump rewire mitsu used shity small gauge wires in places where they shouldnt have. If you do the rewire youll notice even your stock lights are much much brighter now that they're getting their full power. The kit is only 30 bucks full wiring and you dont have to clip your old harnesses off it just atatches to it.

Cant remember the link but I can get it for you later on PM me if u want it
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

hey, i went to this site and bought the harness... http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ord-Light~b...ness-1-4671.htm ... its comes in two right???... it said pairs at the bottom but the pic shows only one... :? just confused right now...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???