The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need to replace my catalytic converter

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Need to replace my catalytic converter

This?? http://www.magnaflow.com/02catalytic...irectfit=49459

My cat is going bad after 224,000 miles and I really don't know what to do. I don't want to settle on a cheap OEM replacement and risk it failing. I saw Andysautosport had Magnaflow ones that are made to bolt up, but is this what I should be looking for? Not even the site says if they come with sensors or not. It's too late to call and I hope someone here knows the runaround.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

Which cat? And no, they don't come with O2 sensors.

i just removed my magnaflow highflow cat if your interested. its not direct fit but it will work

its like this
    http://www.amazon.com/High-Flow-Cera...sim_sbs_auto_3

i'll get a picture if your interested.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    i just removed my magnaflow highflow cat if your interested. its not direct fit but it will work

its like this
    http://www.amazon.com/High-Flow-Cera...sim_sbs_auto_3

i'll get a picture if your interested.
    I'm actually interested. Is it a direct bolt on?
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

no it need to be welded on
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RayDub View Post
    This?? http://www.magnaflow.com/02catalytic...irectfit=49459

My cat is going bad after 224,000 miles and I really don't know what to do. I don't want to settle on a cheap OEM replacement and risk it failing. I saw Andysautosport had Magnaflow ones that are made to bolt up, but is this what I should be looking for? Not even the site says if they come with sensors or not. It's too late to call and I hope someone here knows the runaround.
    if you want one that will last you cant go bad with a dealership one and have it installed somewhere else. your stock one lasted over 200k miles so i think it would be worth the extra money since you probably would never have to worry about it again for another 200k-ish

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    if you want one that will last you cant go bad with a dealership one and have it installed somewhere else. your stock one lasted over 200k miles so i think it would be worth the extra money since you probably would never have to worry about it again for another 200k-ish
    You're right, I just don't want to pay so much for it. Every time I hear dealer I want to look the other way. I just need to find how much they sell them for. I would get a Magnaflow one because they bolt right up and the price looks great.

Also, my car is throwing the P0421 code. My reader said "Warm up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1". Does this mean the sensor near the cat?

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    just call your local dealer to ask how much the part itself is. take it to a mom & pop shop and install it there. you loose like 2 minutes just asking for the price lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!