The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: halfshaft help?!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

halfshaft help?!

I need the right front halfshaft for a 99 Mitsubishi Galant es v6 3.0L. I was wondering if any1 had one for sale or where I cud get 1. I tried the junkyard but no luck n from the dealer its $1200. I already searched the form n the only topics I got were about the cv axle.
    I will try the junkyard again this weekend but any help wud b nice. and how wud u take the halfshaft off? thanks. sorry noob alert
    Now if a slap dont work then you cut 'em or pay'em

If there's an Auto Zone, NAPA, or any of that sort they will help you find and send you a remanufactured half shaft witin a day for a way lower price than dealership. I wouldn't depend on junkyard shaft due to how old and worn out it could be.

already tried Napa they say they can't because it is a non wear part which means it shouldnt need to b change so no go there
    Now if a slap dont work then you cut 'em or pay'em

Halfshafts don't wear?! LOL! Word of advice, don't go back to that NAPA, EVER!

Try oemmitsubishiparts.com, select your car and click on the Front Drive Axle link on the left, then select your part whether you have ABS or not prices vary from $200 to $300.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Most of the stores I've talked to didn't have the halfshaft, only the driveshaft.

That said, I have a halfshaft from my old auto V6. I'll try to pull it out and take a pic, if you're still interested.

yea i think i have mine too if you still need pm me