The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What range in offset will fit......

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

What range in offset will fit......

I'm just wondering we usually ask the wheel size and offset when we go and start looking for wheel. However does anyone know what offset range will fit on our rides,.... just to post them this would eliminate a lot of questions. this will help out in the long wrong when people are looking into buying wheels, or when they have a question.

good question, i also would like to know. anyone?
    -Travis

My Car

Well I search the forum and the and I found this: http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19296 I'm trying to get my ride some new rims too and I would like to know the answer to this also.what's up with this size 225/50/18? :? rubbing???

sal240sx

offset

my girlfriend just bought a 2000 galant, but I have a 240sx. There are some factors when deciding what offset is right for a car. Is the car lowered or not? Do you have a brake upgrade or not?. Front wheel drive cars cant have as low an offset as rear wheel drive. The width of the wheel must also be taken into consideration. If the rim itself is too wide, it'll rub no matter what. There is a website, I think its called an offset calculator, where you put in your stock wheel size and tirae size and then put in the offset you want to have. it will calculate the space you will have on the inside and outside of the wheel to eliminate or minimize rubbing. Hope this helps, I'll try to find that website, if you have anymore questions, please ask.

i gotta 48 offset which i wouldnt recomment... i think 45 is perfect... mine kinda stick out alittle which i like.. but i got high/lows and decided to drop it 2 inches... they rub... but only when i put people in the rear seats... but i personally think a 45 is perfect...
    anthony

ok... stock wheels size offset is +46mm.

offset is simply how far from the centerline of the rim (away from the car) the hub contacts the wheel (0mm offset puts the hub mount directly in the center of the rim). low (and negative) offset will stick the rim out farther from the car, high offset will pull the rim towards the car's centerline.

so to find out what will fit, you also need to know the wheel width. 225 wide tire w/ 7.5" wide rim w/ +45mm is just about perfect... stay as close to this as possible. now the narrower the rim the more room you have to push the rim out, for instance a 215 wide tire 7" wide rim +38 offset would still work. however a 245 wide tire 8.5" wide rim +50 offset will probably require you to roll the rear fenders to avoid rubbing and may interfere w/ the rear suspension.

for the 8G i suggest (also to keep the speedo within 1% of stock):

225/50r16 on 16x7.5 +45mm
    225/45r17 on 17x7.5 +45mm
    225/40r18 on 18x7.5 +45mm
    225/35r19 on 19x7.5 +45mm

btw, our PCD is 5x114.3