The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 255 feul pump install help

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

255 feul pump install help

ok so im trying to do my fuel pump install and the shit is not fitting(the plastick part that clips over the fuel pump) not sure if im doing something wrong need help asap
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Did you grind off the extra material on the tube of the fuel sock for it to fit properly?
    http://tearstone.com/shop/Fuel-Pump-...us/Galant.html

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Did you grind off the extra material on the tube of the fuel sock for it to fit properly?
    http://tearstone.com/shop/Fuel-Pump-...us/Galant.html
    its installed(thanks for the link)

did you buy a new filter? you can get them at autozone.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

yea picked one up a couple of days ago.the a/f are a little weird and i need to figure what the psi should be at idle for a afpr?i have it set at about 40psi

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    yea picked one up a couple of days ago.the a/f are a little weird and i need to figure what the psi should be at idle for a afpr?i have it set at about 40psi
    Raise your fuel pressure, make sure vac reference line is disconnected when you set the pressure. Bump it to about 43-44psi.

Might be a good idea to get a second pump on hand too, Walbro shit has been known for issues right out of the box and shortly after install even. If I were you, get yourself a DW300 pump instead especially with you going FI now.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Raise your fuel pressure, make sure vac reference line is disconnected when you set the pressure. Bump it to about 43-44psi.

Might be a good idea to get a second pump on hand too, Walbro shit has been known for issues right out of the box and shortly after install even. If I were you, get yourself a DW300 pump instead especially with you going FI now.
    ok and i saved my old fuel pump just in case but the 255 was already used on a previous g so not sure how long its got but i will be looking into the dw300 i also might have to bump up the injectors im told there not big enough

Experienced TGC Member
    ok and i saved my old fuel pump just in case but the 255 was already used on a previous g so not sure how long its got but i will be looking into the dw300 i also might have to bump up the injectors im told there not big enough
    I would just get the DW300 pump and install it very soon, it has much better volume than the Walbro even at higher fuel pressure which you will see with boost pressures.

What size injectors are you running?

www.blackheartmotors.net

I would just get the DW300 pump and install it very soon, it has much better volume than the Walbro even at higher fuel pressure which you will see with boost pressures.

What size injectors are you running?
    i have stock in now but i have 6 310cc

Experienced TGC Member
    i have stock in now but i have 6 310cc
    Ehh, yea you will want more fuel than that. 310s are basically what the stock 6g75 runs

www.blackheartmotors.net

i mean should i expect crazy power with a 6psi pully

Experienced TGC Member
    It's boost, it won't be crazy...but it will be noticeable

www.blackheartmotors.net

It's boost, it won't be crazy...but it will be noticeable
    haha well i will be new to boost but i need her running strong with the headers and exhaust also other maintenance

6psi should yeald about 50 hp gain on a great tune i think the highest ive seen is 12hp gain per psi but im not a pro on boost so i wouldnt know if thats the highest you can get