The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: can i do this...easily?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.

can i do this...easily?

i am swapping my 03 front end to a 99-01. are there any modifications that need to be done, or just swap it right out????

...U N D E A D...

only thing i think you might have to consider is the grille... im not sure how its connected to the chasis of the car though so I couldnt tell you. Good choice through IMO... I dont like the new galant front ends :?

i think the front grille is mounted completely diferent since we have two or three locks in the middle
    Diego

TGC Regular
    Ive been thinking about this from day 1, but yesterday it just popped into my head that it might not fit as easily as i thought. has any one done this????????????????

...U N D E A D...

zip ties should answer most of the grill issues!!!
    -Travis

My Car

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Injekt
    only thing i think you might have to consider is the grille... im not sure how its connected to the chasis of the car though so I couldnt tell you. Good choice through IMO... I dont like the new galant front ends :?
    i agree.
    -Pedro

i was going to replace my 02 front end with an 01 front end, but i decided not too...cause of the "waterfall" between the headlights/grills...youd have to hack that all up or rig somethin up....and when i had my front end off, there arent as many screws in the 99-01 front ends if i remember right...i think if the 02-03 front ends fog light bezels were color matched it'd look soooooo much better, i just put in a lowe's mesh grill kit (hahaha) on my front end, and i like it...looks a lil more smooth...18" konig holes w/toyo proxes on the way....stupid speedandstyle.com....
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Censee
    i say just get a body kit bumper for that money.......its like buying a 99 civic and converting 93 civic headlamps into it..(not that i would buy a civic in the first place,,just an example). i think u should get a kit.....but if u decide to get the 99 grille and bumper, i think ure gonna have trouble with the grille since they are mounted totally different on the chassis...i dont even think the mounting spots are the same......and the 02 has a metal piece bolted and soldered right in the middle of the front chassis which i would think makes it impossible to mount as new piece on there without alot of mods....i think it aint worth the trouble...just my 2 cents

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee
    i say just get a body kit bumper for that money.......its like buying a 99 civic and converting 93 civic headlamps into it..(not that i would buy a civic in the first place,,just an example). i think u should get a kit.....but if u decide to get the 99 grille and bumper, i think ure gonna have trouble with the grille since they are mounted totally different on the chassis...i dont even think the mounting spots are the same......and the 02 has a metal piece bolted and soldered right in the middle of the front chassis which i would think makes it impossible to mount as new piece on there without alot of mods....i think it aint worth the trouble...just my 2 cents
    since I have 19s and in the future possilby moving to 20s, i really dont want some elaborate body kit. when I first started out, I wanted this...
    but I thought it looked too fancy or elaborate.

so either way I was planning on spending alot of money . haha i wanted to do the USDM/JDM VR-4 front lip and sideskirts. you know, just get a US 99-01 front end and then get the JDM VR-4 lipkit and just get a body shop to mold that bitch on. so I know it was gonna be high dollar as well as a pain in the ass. but I was hoping that I could atleast get the Us bumper on without any problems. either way, I think I am going to go thru with it...if not whole US/JDM mix conversion, atleast 99-01 front swap.

the idea is the US equivalent of this one...

...U N D E A D...