The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: v6 vs 4 banger...

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

v6 vs 4 banger...

what are the advantages and disadvantages of the two???...as u get more cyliners is it always better or what??? :puzzled1:
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

well with 4 there is more space in engine bay to do more stuff like turbo and s/c ect.. 4 banger is also lil lighter..

bad part about 4 banger is with all the turbo and s/c sometimes u will only get where 6 banger would come stock...

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the V6 8G galants are deathly fast compared to us little I4 7Gs, and especially compared to the I4 8Gs
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

is it true that a four cylinder has a better start off then a 6 or is that bs???...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    4cyl all the way. v6s are ghey

as for 7gs only way to go v6 is through jdm

and its cheaper to turbo i4s in our case. for the money you could have a more powerful turbo i4 than what it would cost u to turbo a v6 galant(seeing how aftermarket parts suxors for u guys )
    7g for life!

oic soo say i spend the same amount of money on a 4 and the same on a 6... which will be faster??? if 6 is faster wouldnt everyone be better of getting a v6in which case an 8 gen...???

with 8g yes

7g vs 8g v6

7g = 4g63t swap ~ $1300 basic 200hp spend $2-3k or so and get 250-300 ($800engine, $300 tranny, $100 wiring harness, $150 ecu estimates)

8g v6 = supercharger basic kit $3000 for 250 to the wheels wasnt it?
    7g for life!

v6 8g's arent faster than 7g 4 banger..................i whupped a members ass..........(no names will be mentioned) that has an 8g......7g 4 banger all the way
    TEAM GENESIS

TGC Regular
    Soltero, what kind of mods do you have on your g?

when is we gon be free????

I dont know all the mods that he has, but he is 5spd, and that makes a world of difference

o and censee? yah thats what i though
    7g for life!

escoson
    i wouldnt want to tune a v6. ide take a i4 over anything pretty much. dont ask why its a pet peve of mine.

lol how did u know it waz censee....... all i have it a custom mandrel bent 2.5 inch exause......no cat.....and a custom cold air intake...
    TEAM GENESIS

TGC Regular
    well damn if that is all, 7g's all the way :laughing:

when is we gon be free????

oic soo after all this what is the good thing having a v6??? there has to be something better the v6 has then the 4cylinder...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soltero112)</div><div class='quotemain'>v6 8g's arent faster than 7g 4 banger..................i whupped a members ass..........(no names will be mentioned) Â* that has an 8g......7g 4 banger all the way</div>

dude, i raced a V6 8G and got my ass handed to me.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Censee
    thank u for putting that out there soltero! :shock: :shock: :shock: ...naw man no biggie. ..yea he beat me...mainly i can beat automatic 7gs but not sloteros 7g manual...ive raced many automatic 7gs and beat them... the automatic tranny is what kills the 8gs ..and the weight....the manual 7gs are putting down only a few ponies less than the v6 8gs to the wheel,without all the extra weight and auto tranny...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soltero112)</div><div class='quotemain'>v6 8g's arent faster than 7g 4 banger..................i whupped a members ass..........(no names will be mentioned) Â* that has an 8g......7g 4 banger all the way</div>

dude, i raced a V6 8G and got my ass handed to me.</div>

I whooped alot of 8G's, only lost to one so far in my new 7G but wait till i finish the engine swap. Also 8G's only go 120mph when my 7G goes 140+ mind u everything was stock at the time except for my CAI and Exhaust.

Ya 7G's all the way baby

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678