The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spedometer

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    JSTATL

Spedometer

I just installed a set of 17 inch rims on my G and they are giving me hella problems. Since I installed the rims the spedometer has been acting real funny. when i leave from a dead stop the spedometer does not move for a moment. When it does move the RPM's are at 2.3 and it immediatly jumps to 20 mph. What the fuck is going on

rims won't affect the speedo like that.

do u have aftermarket guage faces or messed withthe gauges somehow?

most likely thing i can think of is u having aftermarket guages and the gauges starting to pop up a lil bit in that area. jsu tget some thin double sided tape to hold the aftermarket guages down a lil bit

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

also make sure you are running 225/45r17 or 215/45r17 tires... those are close enought to the overall rolling diameter of stock to avoid noticable changes in your speedo readings.

99GalantES
    Sounds like it could be the speed sensor which is probably located in the transmission. I think it's just coincidence that this happened after the rims were installed.

JSTATL
    Manybrews give me your opinion on this situation since you are the man when it comes to any type of mechanical problems. I am running a different type of tire so maybe that is the problem, I am running a 205/40/17. Will this mess anything up on the car or will it just annoy the hell out of me.

iz310

tires dont mean anything

i was having the same problem. im running on stock 16s for now. but my speedo was doing the same thing until 1 day it just stop working. dealer said it was an electrical problem with some wires under the batery which cross and burned out. they fix it but the problems still excess every now and then.

iz310

tires dont mean anything

i was having the same problem. im running on stock 16s for now. but my speedo was doing the same thing until 1 day it just stop working. dealer said it was an electrical problem with some wires under the batery which cross and burned out. they fix it but the problems still excess every now and then.

MASONSTORM
    when you have a new size tire or rim installed, the dealer must programm the ecu to accept the new size tire/rim. you may have a speed sensor problem also.

Experienced TGC Member
    Actually rims do affect the spedometer, though I highly doubt they'll make your spedo go crazy. After you get new wheels, your supposed to take it to the DMV.