The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Need help

SO i am trying to install my new head unit and I looked up the radio wiring diagrams but my stock harness is different colors. This is what I found from searching

99-03 Mitsubishi Galant Stereo Wiring
    Constant 12V+ Red/Black
    Switched 12V+ Blue
    Ground Chassis
    Illumination Green/White
    Dimmer n/a
    Antenna Rear Window
    Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
    Left Front (+) White/Blue
    Left Front (-) Black/Blue
    Right Front (+) White/Red
    Right Front (-) Black/Red
    Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
    Left Rear (+) Yellow/Blue
    Left Rear (-) Gray/Blue
    Right Rear (+) Yellow/Red
    Right Rear (-) Gray/Red

But the colors I have don't match, for instance I dont have a red and black wire. here is what I have looking at the stock connector looks like this

- - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

The colors in order going straight across the top 6 and then the bottom 8 are as follows:

White/red stripe, White/blue stripe, Green/White stripe, None, Yellow/blue stripe, Yellow/red stripe.

black/red stripe, black/blue stripe, black/yellow stripe, red/white stripe, blue, yellow/black stripe, grey/blue stripe, grey/red stripe.

Can anyone please let me know what colors correspond to what? Thank you.

why not just buy the harness from best buy that converts the stock wiring to aftermarket without cutting the connectors, it will give u the universal aftermarket color codes and u just match colors

namely this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-RADIO-DO...#ht_525wt_1004

you didn't get an adapter? its like 5 dollars and makes everything easier. just match the colors and plug it in

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yup I've dealt with lot of headachs with ppl cutting out the harness to install a new hu some time and patients with a volt meter can help, but its easier to just spend the 5-10 bucks on the harness adaptor.

Very true buy an adapter they should have it easy, cause u can cut and strip that a lot and if u don't have space then you can just get another adapter, I do this a lot in wiring I even go to radioshack and get connectors to make my own harnesses so I can convert back to stock if need be.

Ok I didn't know the colors were unversal, my old head unit had an adapter so I just connected the same colors and everything is working great. Thanks for all the help :)