The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELLPPP!!! My foglight bulb broke!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    jmoney37

HELLPPP!!! My foglight bulb broke!

My foglight bulb on the left side somehow broke inside the foglight. I need to get the foglight out so i can get all the little pieces of the bulb out of the foglight. However, for some reason the foglight doesnt want to come out. I tried unscrewing it for a half hour and either the screw wont turn or the harder i press to get it to turn the screwdriver begins to dig a whole in the screw. And if i do get it off, how will i get it to be aligned with the right side again once i put it back on?

J
    you have to unscrew it from the inside.

i believe there's 4 bolts from the inside of the bumper you have to get at to remove the plastic harness.

best way is to jack it up or drive over a curb and put your head under there and you'll see what you gotta do.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    no need for jackin' 8)

just get up under there. as far as aligning it, just park about 25 feet from flat wall, replace those 4 bolts behind the bumper(this should keep it from moving left or right), them move up and down until you align it and replace the screws.

...U N D E A D...

TGC Regular
    oh yeah and Im 6f4in and 230lbs and had no problem getting under there on drive way.

Sorry for the double post. I had to post again, cuz my computer is having problems editing posts. the bitch just sits there and sits there.....

...U N D E A D...

jmoney37

thanx

Thanx for the advice. I'm gonna give it a try, hopefully, sometime this weekend. I hope it works out. O and by the way does anyone know what are the whitest foglight bulbs i can buy? Is it nokya arctic white? THat would help too. THanx

jmoney37

thanx

Thanx for the advice. I'm gonna give it a try, hopefully, sometime this weekend. I hope it works out. O and by the way does anyone know what are the whitest foglight bulbs i can buy? Is it nokya arctic white? THat would help too. THanx

jmoney37

sj420
    hey that screw you were turning in the front is for beam alingment. if you really turned it a lot, turn it back. just adjusting the unit up and down might make it easier to get rattled out of alignment again. and i believe the nuts inside are 8cm.

sj420
    Quote Originally Posted by sj420
    and i believe the nuts inside are 8cm.
    oops i meant 8 mm. couldn't edit like everyone else.

umm... you don't want to turn that screw. what you want to do is use long nosed pliers to turn the plastic collar around the screw... that's like a lock that holds the fog lens/ housing on to the car. once you turn it to unlock, just swing the housing up and then unclip it from it's swivel on both side (there should be a plastic piece on each side inserted into 2 holes). once you get those out the whole lens / housing just comes off, then you can shake the bulb pieces out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knightriderXXX
    Sorry for the double post. I had to post again, cuz my computer is having problems editing posts. the bitch just sits there and sits there.....
    its not your comp man, so many people are having editing problems lately. i can't edit a post at all now.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

jmoney37
    Well i took Reelax's advice. It worked perfect! the Foglight came out like a charm and i shook all that glass outta there. I don't know what caused the bulb to shatter like that though. I did during the day so at night i'll see if its aligned, but i'm not too worried about perfect alignment cuz i mean its jus a foglight. But thanx for all you guys' help. IF you can jus tell me what bulb to get thats the whitest or that would match my eurolite fusion headlights i'd really appreciate it. ANd also if you know why the first bulbs i had shattered like that (so i can prevent it from happening again). THanx!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney37
    Well i took Reelax's advice. It worked perfect! the Foglight came out like a charm and i shook all that glass outta there. I don't know what caused the bulb to shatter like that though. I did during the day so at night i'll see if its aligned, but i'm not too worried about perfect alignment cuz i mean its jus a foglight. But thanx for all you guys' help. IF you can jus tell me what bulb to get thats the whitest or that would match my eurolite fusion headlights i'd really appreciate it. ANd also if you know why the first bulbs i had shattered like that (so i can prevent it from happening again). THanx!
    well i would see if the eurolight fusion make a bulb to fit your foglight first. and as far as your light breakin....maybe there is a whole somewhere or a seal is broken, something. and then the bulb may have gotten wet. :puzzled1: maybe. or maybe it was real hot and then got real cold real quick or the other way around. thats all I can think of.

...U N D E A D...

sj420
    usually it's the oil from your fingers that causes the explosions. always wear new vinyl/latex gloves to change bulbs or just be very very careful not to touch ANYTHING.

jmoney37

i bought these

I jus bought these krypton ones off of ebay. Has anyone used these before or know anything about them. THey look pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:B:EOAB:US:6

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I have replaced those bulbs so many times its crazy.. I dont even use them anymore.. Going to buy a new set later on..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

jmoney37
    Those krypton bulbs fuck up easily? SO should i not buy them?