The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC/ heater not working

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    crashfirepm53

AC/ heater not working

I just bought the car. The AC blows cold as hell, no issues there. The heater on the other hand is a problem. It worked at first and when turning the knob from cold to hot, you could hear a clicking sound and it would blow hot.

Now the temp. does not change when in the hot position and is cold as ice. THe cable for this is fine and opens the lower vent door. I can see the cable moving the plastic gear does to the right of the gas pedal.

The manual didn't really help?

Any suggestions?????

Watch this in its entirety. Never mind his bias against Mitsubishis. It should help.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

crashfirepm53
    That is awesome and thanks. It sounds exactly what the problem is. Crappy for a dealer only part of $120.00 but i'll look around.

that odd, i just replaced my heater core in my 2000 and it didnt have that at all. same with my buddys 2001 eclipse. my guess is that the the center portion of the ac box is design different then the 2002,

Here's a link to the thread which has pictures of the part and the part# -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=32371

As I mentioned in that thread, it wasn't necessary to remove the dash or the climate control. If you take the passenger airbag off, you can see and reach it. Just remember to get a magnetic pickup, to retrieve any screws that fall.