The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manual transmission wont shift

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Manual transmission wont shift

hey guys

i was on the highway on 4 gear , tried to shift to fifth but didnt work . it didnt rattle and scrinched like when u miss the gear or dont clutch enough

the stick shift was just blocking and wouldnt go to the fifth gear position. i got at a friends house, turned the car off , tried to shift all the gears and the 5 and reverse gear wouldnt go in

i force it a bit and it went into fifth gear . but i couldnt get it out anymore , i started the car, while still holding the clutch, gave it a little gas and it went in neutral

but now it wont go in ANY gear at all , it feels like something is blocking the shifter or something.

is it possible its the shifter cable ?

ive been runnning the car for a week , and today i took it out for an hours drive .

everything was working perfectly ( expect the fifth wouldnt go in ) until i turned the car off, put it into fifth and back to neutral .

the tranny im using has been reinforce near the rear engine mount , directly where the shifter cables were supposed to bolt , so they ended up an inch higher that they were supposed to be

anyway could the tranny be done for

im running 320 hp evo engine ,with bully 6 puck clutch ,

is it too much and it blew the tranny ?

or maybe im just low on oil ( i think it happened to sethest once ) i know theres the cap with the gasket on the bottom of the 01 eclipse tranny , is there a refill plug somewhere ?

im starting a new job in 2 days , just my luck i got no car :(

im gonna go tomorrow morning with my tools and il check the cables out , il try to shift the tranny manually with the cables unplugged .

i really really hope i didnt break it while putting it into fifth
    Last edited by Qs; 11-11-2009 at 07:31 PM

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

ohh man, that sounds terrbile.. i hope some one posts some useful info for ya.. wish i had knowledge to help ya out, but ive never heard anything like this before.. sounds like your cable but i dont even know lol. like i said, unique problem.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    just sounds like the cables are binding. How did you "reinforce" the transmission? how and why? I dont understand what you did, take pics
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

cables are binding or your slave cylinder is failing.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

^^^ yeah was both actually cables had come undone ..... and the slave was probably weak caus it broke....and broke my tranny fork in the process..... so now i need a new tranny fork and a new slave lol ....and i remember a member had warned against this, dont know if it was cali or censee or 7g dude( whatshisname ) anyway .... my evo/galant has been stored for 2 years now. time to rebuilt my baby ! :D

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige