The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 345 of 538 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Showing results 6,881 to 6,900 of 10744
    Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Just ordered some prothane motor inserts on amazon, Which combination works best (functional and not that much vibration), I've heard to mount only the front one and the rest oem, or to mount them all except the rear one?

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post

Picked up a mishimoto evo 8, radiator for...$50 never used!

$50! That was a steal lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

galant1210 and I Installed my walbro fuel pump. Pain in the ass.

Made the opening bigger for better return flow

All done
    Last edited by Isaurio; 11-19-2012 at 04:19 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Just ordered some prothane motor inserts on amazon, Which combination works best (functional and not that much vibration), I've heard to mount only the front one and the rest oem, or to mount them all except the rear one?
    There is no reason to do one if you aren't doing the rest of them. They need sleeves in the pins to be tight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    There is no reason to do one if you aren't doing the rest of them. They need sleeves in the pins to be tight anyway.
    I read on c3g some guys where getting good results of eliminating wheel hop and not having that much vibration with those combinations, I think I'll try all except the rear one, I've been following M-rod and your posts about the sleeves, do all of them need sleeves?

4g64T 5spd

Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Well I definitely did something, just not a good something. Forgot to latch my CF hood today...

Go me!

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I got every seam on the car slathered with pour 15 from the core support to the gas tank, then coated it all in 3m undercoat. Next up is taking out the gas tank and rear subframe and giving the back end the same treatment. I'm looking for a good way to eliminate the evap system, or revamp it so it doesn't go back to its old problems. Extreme corner duty on a full tank seems to mess with the system a lot.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    I read on c3g some guys where getting good results of eliminating wheel hop and not having that much vibration with those combinations, I think I'll try all except the rear one, I've been following M-rod and your posts about the sleeves, do all of them need sleeves?
    Have you seen the pictures of what happens when you don't sleeve them or install one roll stop and not that other? Matt literally shattered the rear mount bracket and elongated the front one to the point that it started tearing the steel.

On the rear you can get away with a 7/16 through bolt, it fits perfectly snug in both the pin and the mounting bracket so no drilling is necessary. The front mount however needs sleeves badly or it'll bounce all over and destroy the mount over time even if you aren't beating on it. Matt tore clean through that bushing before he had sleeves. The trans and side mount fit fine.

If you have a 6 you won't have vibration problems installing all four. You'll simply love how the car responds and drives with them, all the locals here have all four and you couldn't tell by sitting at a stop light and listening for vibration. The four is a different story.

Have you seen the pictures of what happens when you don't sleeve them or install one roll stop and not that other? Matt literally shattered the rear mount bracket and elongated the front one to the point that it started tearing the steel.

On the rear you can get away with a 7/16 through bolt, it fits perfectly snug in both the pin and the mounting bracket so no drilling is necessary. The front mount however needs sleeves badly or it'll bounce all over and destroy the mount over time even if you aren't beating on it. Matt tore clean through that bushing before he had sleeves. The trans and side mount fit fine.

If you have a 6 you won't have vibration problems installing all four. You'll simply love how the car responds and drives with them, all the locals here have all four and you couldn't tell by sitting at a stop light and listening for vibration. The four is a different story.
    What's the difference with the 4? I know i read some where that the 4 shouldn't use the Tranny mount if its automatic. right?
    Slowly but its getting done
    2001 galant es

Yes I saw Matt pic of the broken mount/insert, I'll sleeve them for sure, I am a 4cyl 5spd so I know it will vibrate and I read some posts on c3g and thats why I ask since they some said to install only the front one and leave the rest oem or install all of them except for the rear engine one.

4g64T 5spd

I wrote a how to a while back with a bigger bolt instead of the sleeves. This isnt exactly new stuff here

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar

Re: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Replaced both control arms and had to fix my short throw shifter again...stupid eBay crap.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I wrote a how to a while back with a bigger bolt instead of the sleeves. This isnt exactly new stuff here
    Good for you.

Four cylinders both auto and manual have complained about vibrations. I've never been in a 4 that had the mounts so I can't comment on exactly how bad it is but I know a lot of them just deal with it and are fine. The automatic is by far worse because you have to deal with the fluid couple.

My Hytech headers came today, there's several pieces but you just want to see this:

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

removed the sound insulation from underneith the back seat and installed my strut tower brace, both nicely compliment the manual steering

just ordered full polyurethane bushing kit, DDM HID kit, and some nitrous parts

a little early christmas present for myself

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    My Hytech headers came today, there's several pieces but you just want to see this:

I really hope you didn't spend the 1400$ on those. Or even a thousand for that matter.

I really hope you didn't spend the 1400$ on those. Or even a thousand for that matter.
    I might have, muhaahaaa
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Re: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Installed front and rear bumpers and rear extensions. Working on wiring my HIDs for the fogs next

I know the color is off but I plan on polishing the car maybe ill get it close. Either way looks better than mismatching colors.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Bought HIDs for the headlights and a LED bulb for the license plate light. Also got a 10'' Kicker sub+box and amp for $40.

Fog lights are next check with interior lights to LED.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Page 345 of 538 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast