The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Door lock problem

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Door lock problem

Hi guys

I have 02 ES with power lock amd remote my problem is this. when you try to unlock or lock with the remote or on the door switch the drivers door is the only one that will lock and unlock itself. I have took apart the doors to see if the lock actuators was bad but they are good. So the next thing I did was I took a test light to the actuators plug. And I noticed that the plug would have one hot wire and one ground. But it will switch polarity depending if you hit lock or unlock but here is the problem. The drivers door will have a current in the plug and work. but if I go to any of the other doors it will have one hot wire and one that is supost to take the current to make a circuit. but it does not make a negative so there is a hot and no negative? And i traced it to the fuse box and it is not working from there either. I took the fuse box and circuit board apart and didnt see anything out of place and I am stumped. Has anyone else ever have this problem? I think it is the circuit board on the fuse block in the dash that is bad. i can hear the relay in it working but only the drivers door works.
    93 MR2

It turned out it was the ecu in the dash went bad,so I went to the mits graveyard and bought one. I put it in and everything works now. And I reprogramed the remote to it, now I am happy I dont have to reach to the other side to unlock the doors.
    93 MR2