So help would be welcome, considering it has to be fixed by Monday.

First up:

Service Belt Screeching. Very loud, and its only been getting worse. Running the tensioner on the AC Service belt doesn't seem to remedy the problem, the Power steering and Alternator belt don't seem to be making any noise. It seems no matter how much or how little I torque down the tensioners, I can't get the car to shut up. Mainly its loudest during a cold start, and every time the engine drops below 2000 RPM's (and starts as the engine revs back up). with the usual "Shooka-shooka-shooka" belt noise following when it finally gets warmed up.

I would replace the belt, but its real tight without lifting the engine, something I don't have the tools to do, I'm beginning to think my AC pump might just be seizing up (any thoughts on that)?

Advice on that issue is welcome.

So Second up for bid:

The past weeks brought a bit of an electrical problem; the radio started 'cutting out' every 15 or 20 minutes or so. Two days later, it was every 5 minutes, the ride home tonight brought the trademark 'cut-out' every couple of seconds, almost every bass-beat. Its a stock sound system because I'm pretty much not interested in putting any more money into this beast until it starts behaving, all the same - rushour traffic sucks without music, and its worrying me that an old alternator might be getting ready to sputter out.

Again, any thoughts? For reference, the lighted display and lights don't seem to dim any, and every time the sound 'cuts-out' it seems the front speakers will continue playing for a short time, then cut out just as the rears come back on, cascade failure of some sort?

If its just the stereo, then eh - I'm getting a new one anyhow.

Third:

Idle problems (new, this one started tonight). I was noticing after driving on the freeway that once I got to an intersection, my poor freakin cars RPM's dipped down to about 200. I couldn't hear the damn thing, the next intersection it stalled entirely. After a warm-start, it got going again, but continued the 200 (give or take 50) RPM low-run, once I got home, I was freaking out, so I put it in park, then shifted through all the gears and the idle went back up to about 750 RPM's (about where its supposed to be). Haven't driving it since then, but prior to putting it in park, it was idling at around 150~200 at every intersection, going to try to adjust the idle tomorrow, but I have a feeling that might not be a problem.

If you can help me out, then either post here, or (if the auto-response mailer fails) send an email over to [email protected].

Its been an uphill battle with this car, but I don't intend to let her die yet