The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight out, fuse good

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar

Headlight out, fuse good

one of my headlights is out. My fuses are all good and the bulb as well. I don't know what else to check.
    -Pedro

Elwenil
    I would check the headlamp plug. Make sure it's corrosion free and all the contacts fit the bulb tightly. If not that, then start checking your wiring. That's the only thing I can think of since only one is not working.
    Later...

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Thanks Elwenil.

i found the problem. I had replaced my harness a few months ago and the connections i made corroded. I just had to shave of the wires some and reconnect them.
    -Pedro

Elwenil
    ok, here's one of my pet peevees. I'm glad you got it fixed, but there is a way to prevent this from happening. Go to Radio Shack, buy a $6 soldering iron, some small diameter rosin core solder, and some shrink wrap. For about $16 you can do a lot of connections that will be trouble free for a long long time. The problem is this, when a connection is made and not sealed it corrodes. the corrosion causes resistance in the circuit and promotes more corrosion. Pretty soon you have no more flow. It's like a clogged pipe. Making a good secure connection keeps the resistance down conciderably and sealing it will keep it that way. Don't trust the electrical tape. It's great for inside connections and for temporary fixes, but we have all seen it come undone and loose it's adhesive. Another thing, dielectric grease. This stuff is a god send. Squeeze some of this up in all your connectors and you will have no trouble with corrosion. This is the clear gooey stuff that sometimes comes with spark plug wires. You can buy it in larger tubes at most auto part stores and it is well worth it. Just my .02, if anyone really sucks at wiring and soldering, let me know and I'll do a tutorial on it.
    Later...