The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coverlay Dash Cover

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Coverlay Dash Cover

http://www.coverlaymfg.com/store.php...-galant-24-903

Has anyone bought this? I'd love to see how this looks installed. Also, I have the gray interior. If I were to purchase this, would light gray or medium gray match the factory gray best? I'm pretty sure dark gray is too dark.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...-Dash-Question

shows a couple examples. As for the color, idk. Medium grey? even if its a little darker, it wouldnt look bad
    Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 10-31-2012 at 10:41 AM

Thank you! I was trying to find some pictures, but I failed haha.

Stavy6
    Is it plastic or cloth I hate cloth lol

it's plastic, I have it, and bought it for $120 on eBay. I bought the brown/beige one.

Does it glue down or just sit in place? I might need one too since I have a new larger crack in my dash smh

Glues down with silicone that they include in the package. Here's a link to the item I bought from eBay -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190489247486...84.m1423.l2649

Lowest price I could find for the original Coverlay. Make sure you mention the correct color you need. The brown is not the same color as your dash, it's a little darker. Black or grey might be better options.

Cool, thanks

Coverlay Dash Cover

I have changed my OE dash twice and only advice for people that don't have crack don't put armorall or anything on it just wipe it with a cloth to clean it.

Yeah its crazy how it cracks like that smh. I would reallh like to know what causes it, as I haven't used any armor all products. Last thing I did use were wipes by meguiars that supposedly have uv protection..thought that would have helped prevent cracks. I think the plastic mitsubishi picked for the dash i
    ss cheap. The interior is probably about the only thing I missed from my old s14 I totaled before buying the galant. Vinyl dash and door panels..not cheap plastic. However the interiors on 8gs outside the U.S are like works of art o_0. I understand we had to get the short end of the stick on the motor/drivetrain, but the interior too?

My first 8G's dashboard was mint, but this one has two cracks, one of which is coming from the center speaker hole. Bad materials IMO.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Yeah its crazy how it cracks like that smh. I would reallh like to know what causes it, as I haven't used any armor all products. Last thing I did use were wipes by meguiars that supposedly have uv protection..thought that would have helped prevent cracks. I think the plastic mitsubishi picked for the dash i
    ss cheap. The interior is probably about the only thing I missed from my old s14 I totaled before buying the galant. Vinyl dash and door panels..not cheap plastic. However the interiors on 8gs outside the U.S are like works of art o_0. I understand we had to get the short end of the stick on the motor/drivetrain, but the interior too?
    I think Reelax explained this in another thread. He said that in Asia the Galants are considered high end/luxury cars and thus the interior has to cater to a different audience than what it caters for here. Here it's more of the grocery getter, family sedan which just needs good gas mileage and a low invoice price and so quality is inferior.

Although I have to point out, in Asian heat, I've seen my share of cracked dash boards in luxury cars as well!

i just picked up a dash (crack free) from the junk yard :)