The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: charging problems

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

charging problems

How's it going guys I'm still having some problems with my charging system. Some mornings I go to start the car and it seems fine sometimes the lights are really dim on the dash. But my biggest worry is when I pull up my parking brake the dash lights dim. The other night I was sitting in wal mart parking lot with some friends and I left the car running with the parking brake up and about 7mins all lights were dim and radio had cut off. So when I noticed it I ran over to the car and let the brake down and everything got bright again and radio came back on. Does anyone have any idea about what's going on. I've changed alt three times

no idea but I would start by seeing if the brake cable is pinching any wires, I don't remember any factory wires in the area so it would be an aftermarket wire.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Ok thanks ill check

Unplugged the wire from the e-brake indicator and now I don't have the dimming problem when I pull up the e-brake but still the alt isn't charging right

Ok so I put in a new batt and now my lights are bright and no dimming but at the same time I put my old batt in my uncles car and his car started and ran fine with no problems with dimming and lights were bright as if the batt was brand new. So now I'm just waiting to see if the new batt goes down and go from there.

Try checking all your electrical connections at your alt. There could even be a problem in a wire so check resistances with an ohm meter, if you have more than .5 ohms across any wire you found your charging issue. Check belt tension and condition as well.
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN