The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: yellow headlights

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    BlueESV6

yellow headlights

I purchased yellow headlights and matching fogs a while back. The blue tinted ones gave me a headache driving with them and made my eyes feel like they were rotting out of my head.... With the yellows it seemed much brighter and also more comfortable on the eyes!

Anyways, came across this article which I thought was interesting and talked about aftermarket headlights....

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=102

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I've been using JDM MTEC 7000k yellow headlight bulbs for a while, everyone always says that they look hot as hell coming at your, and they look sick on a beige 8G like mine..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've been using JDM MTEC 7000k yellow headlight bulbs for a while, everyone always says that they look hot as hell coming at your, and they look sick on a beige 8G like mine..</div>

That doesn't make sense to me....7000k is in the purple range....yellow is like 3100k....

In Cali yellow headlights are illegal...bout a month ago, I got pull over for my yellow headlights...so now, I'm back to hyperwhites...Just like everyone else

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Blue and yellow headlights. Headlights must be white - blue and yellow are illegal (24011 VC). Look for the DOT symbol on the bulb and package. Â*
    </div>

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html scroll down till past the pic of the headlights

what about yellow foglights.

i plan to get those, i think they look nice as fogs, and i rarely drive with fogs on (i only have 1 right now anyways ), so it would be just for show, not to interfere with my silverstars!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Messiah [Reborn)</div><div class='quotemain'>]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've been using JDM MTEC 7000k yellow headlight bulbs for a while, everyone always says that they look hot as hell coming at your, and they look sick on a beige 8G like mine..</div>

That doesn't make sense to me....7000k is in the purple range....yellow is like 3100k....

In Cali yellow headlights are illegal...bout a month ago, I got pull over for my yellow headlights...so now, I'm back to hyperwhites...Just like everyone else

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Blue and yellow headlights. Headlights must be white - blue and yellow are illegal (24011 VC). Look for the DOT symbol on the bulb and package. Â*
    </div>

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html scroll down till past the pic of the headlights</div>

Thats the big reason of buying your parts over seas, Signal Auto use 7000 series yellow headlights in most of there cars. Mtec is the company that makes them.. and Kyrpton makes a 5k series set of yellow headlights 2..check it out if you have 2..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about yellow foglights.

i plan to get those, i think they look nice as fogs, and i rarely drive with fogs on (i only have 1 right now anyways Â*:D ), so it would be just for show, not to interfere with my silverstars!</div>

As auxiliary lights they're fine (ie. foglights), but not as your main driving lights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats the big reason of buying your parts over seas, Signal Auto use 7000 series yellow headlights in most of there cars. Mtec is the company that makes them.. and Kyrpton makes a 5k series set of yellow headlights 2..check it out if you have 2..</div>

Oh ok...I get it, it's not their actual temperature range, but some number thing.... :thumbsup:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Messiah [Reborn)</div><div class='quotemain'>]

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html scroll down till past the pic of the headlights</div>

good. nothing about cleared corners.

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've been using JDM MTEC 7000k yellow headlight bulbs for a while, everyone always says that they look hot as hell coming at your, and they look sick on a beige 8G like mine..</div>

hey, do you have any pics of your headlights?

yea I want to see how yellow headlights look like

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've been using JDM MTEC 7000k yellow headlight bulbs for a while, everyone always says that they look hot as hell coming at your, and they look sick on a beige 8G like mine..</div>

hey, do you have any pics of your headlights?</div>

I will next week when i put pics of the rims up..

Hey Shane...while you're at it, take some pix of your Manual trany....the only pics I've seen so far were the ones during the swap process....I'd love to see what the finish products looks like :thumbsup: Don't forget

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Messiah [Reborn)</div><div class='quotemain'>]Hey Shane...while you're at it, take some pix of your Manual Â*trany....the only pics I've seen so far were the ones during the swap process....I'd love to see what the finish products looks like :thumbsup: Â* Â*Don't forget </div>

Ohh yeah dont worry i was going to do that anywayz, i need to just for insurance purposes, muwhahaha.. I'll even have my boy take burnout pic for ya, on the old tires, not the new ones..lol