The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP UPDATE

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

RIPP UPDATE

I have just spoken with Cody at RIPP modifications and he's given me an update on three things. The SDS system is CARB certified for all us CALI boys and girls. Second Headers are available for purchaise right now and he has six left to sell this month so if you want one nows your chance. Third heres the big update on Stage 2 SDS. They have a working prototype for both four and six cylinders and basically they have given a choice of either a FMIC or a BOOST cooler Kit. Cody has told me most have gone with the later of the two simply because its alot better at timing spray and everythign else electronically. It runs $900 but thats less than a FMIC. He also said if anyone wants to do the FMIC look and have it it'll be about $1200 and they have a working prototype so it should be coming soon. NOW the big question. When's the Stage 2 going to come out. Cody told me he doesn't exactly know but he hopes before Christmas. So maybe we can get our SDS Stage 2 presents early. So anyway hope that clears up some question some people have had here including myself.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Fast99ES
    Coo...Good lookin out man...Which Stage 2 setup are u gonna go with? Both are good as hell, but IMO I love the loook of a FMIC.

All depends on which is the best setup when I have the money to go out and get it done. I'll probably go with the Boost Cooler Kit because I like being a sleeper and FMIC definitely makes you noticed. I like to blend in.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Another thing

Another cool thing about the Boost Cooler Kit that I forgot to menton is Cody told me that there will be an led indicator light that shows when there is spray happening. So in case you pay attention to the gauges that much which I do plan on doing once I go SDS then thats another added thing to see.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

escoson
    any info on how much stage2 is going to run with boost cooler and what is included in the package? i plan on getting the sds setup in about 7 months so i will have enough saved by then.

RIPP Update

Cody couldn't give me a definite answer on that because he simply doesn't know. They are in the prototype stage so who knows. He did tell me the FMIC is about $1200. and the Boost Cooler Kit is about $900. Now as far as the actual supercharger goes, I know its an add on to the Stage one so I'm guessing about this is probably totally left field but about $5800 to $6500 is a safe bet because for one you have to buy stage one/headers and all its parts thats $4200 and then with FMIC or BCK thats looking at $5100 - $5400 then what ever they add on as far as the blower goes and all its components so we'll see they might add some low comp pistons or different injectors who knows. Like I said they have working prototypes so anything can change.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

UPdate

I wil give RIPP a call tomorrow and find out exactly how the Boost Cooler will work.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

SuperchargedGTZ
    It is a water/methanol injection system. Apparently this works really good and has been talked about to death on the 3G boards. My car is actually going back to RIPP either this month or next for the upgraded pulley and water/injection system, and probably the new headers. I wil keep you posted.

Also keep in mind that my engine is RIPP built with 9:1 compression forged pistons.

UncleMeat
    id actually do both, but if you can only afford one, id go for the fmic

the fmic has proven its self over time

yes meth injection is good, but you need to refill it, im not into having to refill power...the meth injection cools somethin like 100 degrees by some certain rpm, its somethin amazing, but..it will soon run out, and you will have to pay to get it refilled, id rather get the good old trusty fmic that gets the job done and you only pay once

The Meth cooler runs on windshield de-icer believe it or not. Usually found at your local autoparts store.
    Love,
    Matt

tim888tim
    Ok I have read all the post about the SDS and am really excited that they finally got CARB. I have a fed spec I4 that came stock with what looks like decent headers. Are new headers still necessary for me?

If they are the stock headers then yes, you must replace them.
    Love,
    Matt

the boosted gs
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is included in the package? </div>

Stage 2, 4G64 (2.4 liter):
    RIPP Over drive crank pulley (9-11psi)
    RIPP Boost cooler or FMIC
    270cc injection
    More aggressive Black Box mapping

00GTZ00
    DAMN!!!!

I NEED MONEY!!!!

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>please make donations via paypal to [email protected] thank you</span>

SuperchargedGTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the boosted gs)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is included in the package? </div>

Stage 2:
    270cc injection
    More aggressive Black Box mapping</div>

RIPP does not use the 270cc injectors anymore. The use the VENOM 310cc injectors. That is what I currently have in my engine and I still only have the stage 1 with a BUILT engine.

the boosted gs
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperchargedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the boosted gs)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is included in the package? </div>

Stage 2:
    270cc injection
    More aggressive Black Box mapping</div>

RIPP does not use the 270cc injectors anymore. The use the VENOM 310cc injectors. That is what I currently have in my engine and I still only have the stage 1 with a BUILT engine.</div>

I was discussing the 4G64 engine (2.4 liter). I will edit my post to reflect that. I am assuming 'stage 2' will be the same for the 6G72 (3.0 liter), besides the fuel delievery portion...