The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RPW HEADERS

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    jayhood26

RPW HEADERS

I wanna buy the rpw headers for the 7g the only thing is will they give me the power that i want, and does anybody know how much hp is added to the wheels from new headers and cat converter being put on

AlucarD777
    I am also getting the headers soon. I would assume that they give you about 5-12 HP or so. It really depends on what else you've done to your car. Any one know if you can order them ceramic coated?

you gain about 6 hp, but u loose alot of low end power, butmakes up for it in the higher end around 4k ...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am actually selling my RPW 4-1 headers. BHP and Torque gains are not quite certain since no solid dyno runs with the headers have been done. Low end torque is lost and you can definetly feel it, but mid and high range powerband is very strong and the car will pull. I suggest if you put on the headers you should invest $$ to install support mods like a intake, higher resistance spark plug wires, new spark plugs, distributer cap and rotor and increase the diameter of your exhaust to 2.5 inches.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

the_kage
    How much you selling your headers for??

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am selling the headers for $310.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

nysgalant

have you guys noticed

recent;y i been tryint to put headers on my 96 galant and it came to my attention that i cannot since my altenator is right next to it. the headers woul;d melt it only way i can put new headers on is if i put a heatsheild on it and that would look really gay

it should be fine yo its just like that...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Re: have you guys noticed

Quote Originally Posted by nysgalant
    recent;y i been tryint to put headers on my 96 galant and it came to my attention that i cannot since my altenator is right next to it. the headers woul;d melt it only way i can put new headers on is if i put a heatsheild on it and that would look really gay
    I've had these headers on my 96 galant since about sep last year and everything is fine. I was more worried about my fans, but both of them and my alternator are just fine. Nothing show signs of melting or heat damage. But thats just in my case...

maroonmonster7G
    u still lookin for an offer on those headers?

TGC Regular
    Nope. He sold it on ebay a little after he posted here

when is we gon be free????