The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More TB swap info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Experienced TGC Member
    You wouldnt need higher fuel pressure. You would benifit from an afc but I doubt you will be sucking in so much more air that the ecu could not control it. In either case no one gets full benifit of their mods without an AFC, even a fully stock car runs better with some afc play. Unless a dope tunes it for you or you do it urself and dont know what your doing you could easily melt a piston or two =D

As far as performance from a TB swap, if you go by datalog graphs the mas is sucking in much more air then it was before, this air must be going somewhere...you'll get more out of a TB swap in the upper end.

And no a 1g or 2g manifold will not bolt up. And even if it did the openings on the 1g runners are HUGE compared to the 4g64 I dont think you could have the SOHC head ported that large to match.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Experienced TGC Member
    O does anyone know if there is a mitsu part number anywhere on the stock intake mani? Few people have been saying there is a lip blocking airflow, but I know for a fact on my car its a straight shoot no blockage no need to port. I wanted to look up if theyre are different part numbers for different years.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

There is no lip on mine, but someone with a 95 told me that there was a lip on theirs. Very confusing.I have a 98.

No you don't ABSOLUTELY need an fpr with the new camshaft but it will perform so much better with one installed and the fuel pressure increased.

Now if you have your cylinder head port and polished, ESPECIALLY the Rpw stage 2 head, there is really no sense in running flooring the car with stock fuel pressure....the way that this head was ported was near perfect. The valves and runners were worked over and over on a flow bench to near pefection. There is massive amounts of air flowing compared to the stock head. Therefore some sort of fuel modification is needed to match the increased air.
    Joe F.
    --The first and only 7g N/A galant in the 13's, currently in hibernation--

hey duke how fast is your car now anyways with your recent mods inplace by any chance???...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Experienced TGC Member
    Your talking about two different things. Swapping the camshaft and swapping the head are two different ball games. camshaft you could get buy with just an afc and have no trouble at all. A perfectly ported head and large intake you would probably pass over the range that the afc can handle, (youll still need one of course), but its cheaper to upgrade to 450cc for $50 then to buy a good adjustable fpr for $150+ And the B&M fpr for $30 if its the one I think your talking about, which is the only cheap one I know of, is used to lower fuel pressure not raise it.

just my 2 cents
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukeplaya31
    There is no lip on mine, but someone with a 95 told me that there was a lip on theirs. Very confusing.I have a 98.
    my 98es had a lip. it was 56mm, now its 60mm. robs is a 97 and he said his was like 63mm. im pretty sure i could get mine to 63mm if i pushed it, but i just settled for 60mm. maybe it has to do with cali and fed spec?
    7g for life!

Krazien,

I've yet to run the car on the track...but it's coming along nicely. No pics as of yet because everything is constantly in peices. I have driven the car a couple of times and I'd say I have easily over 200whp. This is with stock compression and only a 60mm tb. My next mods are going to be getting custom forged pistons with higher compression from RPW made, custom rods,a custom stroker kit made, and a 65mm TB with a port matched intake manny to match. After that I'll see what she runs. I am unfortunately not staying completly n/a with this car. I recently installed nitrous in my 3kgtvr4, and I've been in love with nos ever since. I'm going to try to run a 75 shot of nitrous and possibly up to a 100 shot depending on whether it handles the 75 shot. I'm expecting low to mid 12's with some 15'' slicks.

My car is currently at a shop called KTR performance (ktrperformance.com). If I don't have my pics up within a couple of week on this site, they will have them on their site.
    Joe F.
    --The first and only 7g N/A galant in the 13's, currently in hibernation--

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukeplaya31
    my 98es had a lip. it was 56mm, now its 60mm. robs is a 97 and he said his was like 63mm. im pretty sure i could get mine to 63mm if i pushed it, but i just settled for 60mm. maybe it has to do with cali and fed spec?
    Well I know my ride is cali spec I think most are cali spec not sure on that though.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12