The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Adjusting coilovers?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Adjusting coilovers?

this might be a dumb question for some of you, but i have never owned coilovers so how do u adjust them? arent they a pain to adjust and do they have markings or something so you know that all four coilovers are even? :?:
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

with some coilovers you just loosen up the little locking screw and just twist a knob to lower. some come with some adjusting wrenches to help adjust them.

some coilovers come with markings but for a more even drop, i would just a plain ole tape measure

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Hey Allan I was wndering if you have to jack up the car on like 2x4s or with a jack stand? if So would that be affected by side skirts?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    Hey Allan I was wndering if you have to jack up the car on like 2x4s or with a jack stand? if So would that be affected by side skirts?
    jacking is always an issue with lowered and cars with kits. uhm, with some coilovers u don't need to jack up the car to raise and lower. that is, if u can get your hand or even the tool back there. as for raising and lowering the car on jacks, i suggest u drive the car up onto some 2x4 and then stick your jack @ one of the many lift points.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Kingman
    I found it easiest to lift my car before adjusting. I can't fit my fat arms past my wheels to adjust them. Maybe if I turned the wheel to wheel lock I could though if I had smaller arms.