The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what muffler sounds the best?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    IllestGalant
    thanks for all the input and that sound clip, think I am gonna get the dynomax turbo

redboy
    ehhh i gots an RActive and i love the sound of mine, and i get alot of compliments.....its got a deep tone to it comin out from the 4-1/2 tip....

jayhood26
    If you want that deep throaty sound you have to do two things. The first is go to your local exhaust spot, and find out if they sell 2 1/2 mandrel piping, and get that crappy stock exhaust system off. Then you need a nice muffler that has either two 3.5 outlets, or one big one. Pls do not just put and exhaust on hoping that the car will perform better if you r going to spend that money might as well do everything from the cat - back.

IllestGalant
    cat back :cry: try header back. the header is sittin in the garage waitin for me to put it in. I'm doing a custom conversion of a 2.5" pipe from the header into the muffler and thats it. what cat meowwww

do we have a newbie board? how times are we gonna ask this shit!!!
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

IllestGalant
    your sig says it all

meaning?

IllestGalant
    read your signature

damn im slow.... duh... i can usually catch shit like that....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Josh_aka_jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Josh_aka_jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'>I will see about recording sound clips of it this weekend.</div>

Better late than never right?
    http://jluv97.galants.com/5zigen.wav
    (right click,save as)</div>

wow that sounds loud... :shock: haha just waiting for a ticket :x
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

That is with the recorder about two feet away from the tail pipe. It isn't that bad below 2500 RPM (that is when you hear it first sound off, the second is over 3000 RPM)
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

brandon
    I had a Ractive muffler on my old G, sounded (and still sounds) great, deep, quiet at low RPMs, roars at higher RPMs.

Cost me a $120 or so...

Probably gonna get a Bosal next time around though.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>u sound very convincing peanotation... Â*:D Â*do u have a full cat back n headers Â*by anychance??? if u do ill most likely buy the same muffler... and take ur word for it.</div>

nope, just CAI. i actually only had ram air intake at the time, the muffler is a lot nicer and slightly louder now with my CAI. i AM looking for headers right now, but i'm having trouble finding them for 7G
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    www.visionimports.com

RPW makes a header.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12