The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ReUse brake pads??

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    West LA, Cali by way of PG County, Maryland

ReUse brake pads??

Would it be alright if i bought some pads today and install them and in like two weeks i wanna get the drilled and slotted rotors and when i get them can i use the same pads on those rotors that i had on the factory ones?? I ask because some people say that the rotors have to form onto the rotors or something so would i have to buy new pads again when i get the new rotors??

Re: ReUse brake pads??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bonez)</div><div class='quotemain'>Would it be alright if i bought some pads today and install them and in like two weeks i wanna get the drilled and slotted rotors and when i get them can i use the same pads on those rotors that i had on the factory ones?? Â*I ask because some people say that the rotors have to form onto Â*the rotors or something so would i have to buy new pads again when i get the new rotors??</div>
    they don't form onto the rotors. Even a warped rotor is constantly rotating, so your pads would imply end up flatter faster, with less braking ability.

If it's only two weeks, you should be safe reusing the pads. Remember that on most higher-performance rotors, you are supposed to use metallic or semi-metallic pads, so make sure you are not reusing the same old stock pads.

Is it visually possible to see if the rotors are warped?? If so, how??

you can't wait two weeks to jsut install them all at once? is it that bad already? to the point where you have to install the pads and then two weeks later take everything apart again and install the rotors?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>you can't wait two weeks to jsut install them all at once? is it that bad already? to the point where you have to install the pads and then two weeks later take everything apart again and install the rotors?</div>

Yes, it is that bad! It is embarrassing, you know i roll through doing my usual pimpin', music blastin' and all that and you just hear crunching, grinding and squeeling sounds coming from the brakes like the caliper is the brake pads or something. It's that bad. I don't even have to press the brake for it to do that. So i'm just gonna have to do it twice. It's not that hard anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bonez)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, it is that bad! Â*It is embarrassing, you know i roll through doing my usual pimpin', music blastin' and all that and you just hear crunching, grinding and squeeling sounds coming from the brakes like the caliper is the brake pads or something. Â*It's that bad. Â*I don't even have to press the brake for it to do that. Â*So i'm just gonna have to do it twice. Â*It's not that hard anyway.</div>
    he's got a point....i had to deal with that squealing, etc...for like 2 weeks....it's insanely annoying and makes you look goofy.

Just make sure you get semi-metallic pads, or metallic pads. I can almost guarantee your new rotors will need them.

You generally can't check rotors visually for warpage, but you can feel it when you brake. The brakes feel stuttery, and feel like you are braking, then not then braking really fast. the car kind of bounces.