The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which to do 1st :kit or drop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    brandon
    Yeah it's like $40 from Autozone, and you can keep it as long as you need it, and then you get your money back when you return it.

hey guys, i kinda have this problem too! im not sure what to do first

sorry for butting in ur topic though

so the thing is i have a gtz as u know, and the wheel gap is not as much as the other trims, and i have a messed up front bumper, so would it be ok for me to just get a front bumper from a kit and not do the drop? cuz i kinda like the stiff, but not too stiff feeling of the OEM "sport" suspension. and im sure the girls like that too!

coilovers: 160
    front bumper: 200+?

i feel that priority is the fix my bumper.. would kit-front bumper'ed G look ok on GTZ suspension height?

..and i just realized i posted in the 7G forum. hahaha! im such a newbie..

TGC Regular
    it won't look good if you just have the front bumper because the lines won't line up. Unless you can find a kit that doesn't hang lower than the oem bumper. IMO.

when is we gon be free????

xSILENTx
    yea i'm definatly gonna drop it first and get a kit late this winter. i'm working on some ideas to customize the erbuni kit to make it one of a kind.

xSILENTx
    how much lower is the kit compared to the stock bumper?

and can i install the springs myself or is it easier to have someone helping

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xSILENTx)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much lower is the kit compared to the stock bumper?

and can i install the springs myself or is it easier to have someone helping</div>

Front bumper is probably like a 2 1/2 - 3 inch drop, maybe a bit more.

You CAN install the springs by yourself but you'd want to kill yourself halfway into it without someone helping you.

xSILENTx
    Now i can just buy the springs and put them on right. nothing else to buy. and are there any problems that could come from dropping.

brandon
    You could just buy the springs but if you're smart you'll buy aftermarket struts too.

KYB GR2s are relatively cheap ($35-40) and will outlast your stock struts and create better ride quality.

xSILENTx
    what type problems will i get with my car lowered.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    your Cv joints break faster and you'll scrape a lot of things if you are not careful. but i thing a drop is worth it.
    Drop It First.
    -Pedro

xSILENTx
    If anyone has pics of a 7g with a 2"drop could you please post em so i can see what to expect. there getting installed monday but i just wanna see anyway

nofxfuk

i agree

I agree drop it most cars look nice when u drop em especialy if u got some rims

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    go forth and customize, make sure you post your "uniqueness"
    -Pedro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12