The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tint tickets cost??

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    jdas5682

tint tickets cost??

hey wsup..i was in process of gettin tints too for my car...but out our curiosity..how much r tint ticketz...i dont want it to be likehella high then i prolly wont get the tints....neone kno???thankz

Depends on where you're from. You didn't specify in your profile what state you're from.

Here in California it's a $10 fix-it ticket, not a tint ticket; no such thing. What happens when you get busted, he'll give you a fix-it ticket and then later you have to scrape off the tint (from the front 2 windows only - California) and then go to the nearest Police, Sheriff or CHP station (depending on who gave you the ticket) and show proof that you fixed the problem you were cited for, in this case, the tint on the front windows. (the rear windows can be as low as 5% - limo tint - in Cali) After the cop approves, you pay the $10 fine at the station.

This goes the same for the missing front license plate, LED washer lights, red license plate bulbs, neon, car sitting too low, tires sticking too far out, speakers too loud, etc. etc. etc. Been there, tired of paying for that (shit).

Tint Law websites:

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/consumer_info/aut..._statelaws.html

http://www.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

jdas5682
    thankz....i live in cali..so for the front windows..itz illegal to put ne kind of tint?

Quote Originally Posted by jdas5682
    thankz....i live in cali..so for the front windows..itz illegal to put ne kind of tint?
    yes. in cali, you can not have any kind of tint in the front...of course, that's not stopping me......
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Quote Originally Posted by jdas5682
    yes. in cali, you can not have any kind of tint in the front...of course, that's not stopping me......
    Incorrect. You can have 70% up front. But that is practically nothing! I have 50%, which is a little more than nothing and a little less than something. I then have 20% on the 4 rear windows and 5% on the back window. I have never been looked at twice by cops. Been pulled over 3 times and was written up once for speeding (excused with traffic school). Never once have they said anything about the tint or my missing license plate.

Read this link: http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/State%2...Law%20Chart.htm

*** Tip ***

When pulled over, roll the windows all the way down.
    1) It shows that you're fully cooperating with the cop
    2) He won't know the windows are tinted (unless he asks you to roll them up)

If the cop asks you to roll the windows up and sites you for this infraction, he'll probably ask you to pop the hood too and ask you to do other things. I only say this because your car probably looks like it needs to be stopped and cited. Race Stickers, windshield banners, blue corner bulbs, washer lights, neon, red lights, etc. are all things that practically begs for a cop to pull you over. A cop's wet dream. BUT... most cops these days have more important things to do than pull you over for these things. Too many people have cars like this so they're not going to waste too much time on it, UNLESS, there's a car show in town and THEN the cops would be out to bust as many people as they can because it's so easy to enforce the laws when all these law breakers are in one area. I've seen this happen too many times at Hot Import Nights.

Are license plate screw lights illegal??? I've got some blue ones on in the back and passed by a cop but he didn't do shit...

Yes.

I edited my post above yours and I made a bried explaination in the post. Most cops don't want to waste time stopping you for this. If they did, they'll have to pull over that guy and this guy and so on. I think they're more interesed in pulling over a speeder (that would do more harm to other cars than blue license plate bulbs) and then tacking other infractions on to the speeder, than to focus on fix-it ticket violators.

Hooked up Import Cars (and domestics) are all over the place now. Most nights on the streets of Sac, it looks like friggin' Fast and the Furious. Honda's, Acura's, etc. all vrooming along. The cops aren't going to stop everyone. They can't, but get them folks together during a illegal street race or gathering, then they'll drop the hammer! Like shooting fish in a bucket.

I've got white washer lights....those are illegal too???

I thought any color but white are illegal...

So they say. I believe all washer lights are illegal, regardless. I mean try explaining that to the cop when you do get stopped. He ain't going to listen. Then again, it all depends on the cop. He could be cool with it and just fine you for speeding, running the stop sign or whatever else you may have been stopped for.

Just an FYI - I have some that I never put on (amber LED) and it doesn't say "for off-road use only" on the package. Does this mean they're legal? I don't know but I doubt it.

In many states, any "show" lights like washer, strobes, license plate, tire flys neons and etc are illegal. It las just last week i was crossing the bridge from virginia back to maryland. and in virginia, snake eyes are illegal. and as soon as i hit the maryland line, i turned them on. and man, u shoulda seen it. even though i got white snake eyes, people were pulling over left and right, and its funny watching their face as they heard my intake roar by. and yea im guessing thats y they are illegal in many states, impersonating a cop....its a distraction blah blah blah

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galantblue
    Funny this topic came up. Just got all of the above written on my ticket last night coming home from work. No front plate, front window tint, blue sidemarker, driving w/parking lites...the whole deal! He wrote me up at 6:35pm. I went home and check the sunset time was 7:03pm. So technically is more than 30 mins before sunset, I think I could fight that one. The blue sidemarker thing, checked the CA DMV code, only amber and red "Warning" type sidemakers are exempted. Tint violation...need to check with the alarm shop to see what's up. Nonetheless, if cops think you're quilty, you ARE guilty. That's my two cents. :twisted:

BlueESV6
    In Georgia it's the Georgia Law Enforcement Handbook.... basically the officers bible!! Has all traffic code violations as well as other laws in it... should be a library reference!!

Blue and red lights in GA are a no, no. I found out first hand...

but only with a warning