The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transmission Question

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    97teg415

Transmission Question

Hey everyone, just joined the forum today and had a question. My 1st and 2nd gear has been slipping recently and went to look for a transmission. I just picked up a transmission from a 94 DOHC 4G63 Galant GS and was wondering if it would fit into my 95 SOHC Galant S? Man, I really hope it does cause I really dont have money to get mine rebuilt. Thanks for your help.

Anthony

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    pretty sure it will.....not 100%, bring htem both to a mechanic's shop for an estimate
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

97teg415
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    pretty sure it will.....not 100%, bring htem both to a mechanic's shop for an estimate
    Its weird because I called a lot of local mechanic shops around my house and they even told me they didn't know. I even called the mitsubishi dealers (parts) in the bay area and they told me that the only way they can tell me is if I gave them the vin number on both cars where the tranny came from. You guys are my last hope so if anyone knows please let me know. Thanks for the advice though peanotation!

in addition to what i said in ur PM, the 94 Galant GS is not a 4g63, its a 4g64 and regardless of year 94-98 galants or 95-99 eclipses the transmissions will work, even a 1st gen 90-94 eclipse tranny will work if u modify ur mounts and thats a waste of time

97teg415
    so it will bolt right on without having to do any modifications?? Thanks again everyone!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 97teg415
    so it will bolt right on without having to do any modifications?? Thanks again everyone!
    Yup I answered your PM also...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

nope.. wont work quite right.
    the GS is a 30 series trans.. the standard 4 cylinder was a 20 series.