The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Speedometer Problems from new tires and rims.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Speedometer Problems from new tires and rims.

I noticed the other day that the speedometer is two or three numbers off from what it actually should be because I went by a parked police rader gun box and It said I was going 30 when the speedometer in the car red 32 or 33. Anybody else have this problem when they put new wheels and tires that were larger on their cars? I heard it might be the speedometer sensor/gear in the transmission something about how many teeth it has can fix that problem but I wanted to get opinions and any feedback. Thanks.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

well, i know stock that my speedo was a lil slow...cause i'd go through those construction things with my speedo sayin 35...and theyd always say 32...so i'm not complaining because that'll let me think im goin faster when im not
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

what size tires do u have?

225/40ZR18 made by a company called Hanook Tire.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

well your new tires are slightly larger than your stock tires. so taht would mean that your speedo is reading a speed that is slower than your are really going.

one thing to think of is the callibration of the speedo thing. i mean police aren't using it to see if you are speeding so the callibration of it isn't as important as like a radar gun. so who knows it could be slightly discallibrated.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.