The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: legal limits of lowering?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

legal limits of lowering?

all my searches came up empty... i need someone to direct me to a place where i can find the legal limit for lowering a car...whats the lowest the headlights can be? or just tell me... whats the legal limit in maryland?
    -Travis

My Car

GalantGuy96
    i dont think ive ever heard of a limit before, i dunno, there might be one tho.

xSILENTx
    I know in PA you cant pass inspection if you wheels are tucked so maybe somewhere around there. Not sure though.

In california, the frame of the car can't be below the bottom part of the rim. I'd say thats pretty much almost touching the ground any lower than that and I think the car would be scraping :laughing:
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

hey im from Baltimore,MD and my friend jus got a repair order for his CRX. i dont know what the limit is but he had coilovers and we raised it up at least 2 inches. u might be able to find out the limit from a state inspector at a dealership or somethin or maybe on the MVA website. i havent dropped my G yet but if u find out let me know.
    2001 silver GTZ
    stock and MD state inspected, ready to be sold, $9600

Yeah...

I saw it on that MTV shit a while back I think it was "True Life:I am street racer" remember when they pulled over that kid and measured from his headlight to the ground.. it had to be soo many inches.. call your local Police Dept and ask??
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337