The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please help with my alarm sys 1999 Galant ES V6

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Please help with my alarm sys 1999 Galant ES V6

:oops: Hi there, Last night I tried to reprogram my remotes. I started with a wrong connection and saw a spark when I ground it, then the alarm system stopped working. I checked all the fuses and nothing wrong. So, I disconnect the battery and hook it on again. It turned back on again. So, I continued to program it. In the middle of programing, something happend. The negative pole of the battery became disconnected because I didn't fasten it and end up the memory for my remote is gone. And when I shut the door the alarm armed by it self and I cannot get it to unarmed. And my central power luck is not working anymore. I may have put one fuse back in a wrong place? :oops:

kickenv6
    What type of alarm are you installing and what fuses did you blow?

Here's the thread on programming the keyless entry. I haven't tried this but good luck with it. http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...t=keyless+entry

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

I have the factory alarm system

I brew the central lock fuse 15A.

kickenv6
    Did you get everything fixed or do you still need some help? At my job, I have full access to the Mitchel books, I can give you a complete run down of the electrical system. Just post up and I will contact you.

I replace the blown fuse and the remote came back normal again!! Now I can use my original remote again but still cannot get my second remote to work. But I think that's already much better than the way it was when I couldn't even drive is, isn't it?

kickenv6
    Ummm, I would have to say yea. If you still need help with programming the second transmitter, post up Mon. morning and I will check the Mitchell book to see about programming steps. If I have to I can call my connect at Mitsu to see about faxing you something. Just let me know.

That would be great. I tried the method that other member provided but it didn't work for mine or I have done something wrong. My remote only has two buttons(luckunluck). If you figured out how, please let me know.

kickenv6
    No prob, will check it out Mon. Just give me year and trim level and a way to contact you if I have to fax something.

I only know my car is a 99' MITSUBISHI GALANT ES V6 3.0. (what is trim level?). You can ether send it to my e-mail([email protected]) or you can fax it to me (972-416-8844). Thanks. [/img]

kickenv6
    You got it, the trim level is ES, LS or GTZ. I will look it up and have the info faxed or e-mail. It all depends on how I get the info.

kickenv6
    I have the pdf of the info that you need thanks to one of the members I downloaded the service manual for our cars. I will try and e-mail you the one section but it is over 3megs. If your hotmail doesn't take it, I will e-mail to myself at work and print it out then fax.

:? I am afraid that hotmail wont hold that much, but I have other two email account to try if you don't mind.([email protected] ; [email protected]) If they don't work, I will keep my fax in fax mode all day. Thanks again.

kickenv6
    Will def. try again when I get home to the yahoo add.

kickenv6
    Make sure that you can still receive faxes, I just sent it. Let me know if you got it.

Can you send it again please? I thought I set my machine to receive fax only, but I didn't see any printout in my fax machine!? My number is 972-416-8844. Thanks.

kickenv6
    Will do first thing in the morning. Should be around 9:30 eastern time.

If you don't mind, can you FAX it to 214-902 2475 during 5:00 PM ~10:00PM central time? That's my work's FAX number. They got better fax machine and I will be there from 5:00pm to 10:00 pm. By the way, I am in Texas. You?

kickenv6
    I will get this faxed to you a little after 7pm eastern time. If I can't get it to go. I will take the paper home tomorrow and scan them then e-mail to you.

I got them. They looked perfect. Thank you so much. I will try it again this weekend. I'll tell you the result.