The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Funny idle

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Nosgalant

Funny idle

Maybe manybrews or anybody can help. How do you reset the idle after you remove the battery cables? We took the battery and everything thing else out to paint under the hood . this stuff was out for 5 days. When we put it all back in and you start the car it idles real low and almost stalls. I called dealership and the only thing they told me was that it will do this for a few days and then the computor will compensate and everything will be fine. They said this is normal. I know that on GM cars there is a little procedure that yoou can do with the ignition and brake to clear this up instantle. I was wondering if there was anything like this for us. thanks.

are you sure that you didn't disconnect anything else besides the battery cables and took off the hood? are you pushing any SES lights?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Re: Funny idle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nosgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe manybrews or anybody can help. Â*How do you reset the idle after you remove the battery cables? Â* We took the battery and everything thing else out to paint under the hood . Â*this stuff was out for 5 days. Â*When we put it all back in and you start the car it idles real low and almost stalls. Â*I called dealership and the only thing they told me was that it will do this for a few days and then the computor will compensate and everything will be fine. Â*They said this is normal. Â*I know that on GM Â*cars there is a little procedure that yoou can do with the ignition and brake to clear this up instantle. Â*I was wondering if there was anything like this for us. Â*thanks.</div>

The idle thing is normal, when you removed the battery, you lost the computer´s memory. The computer stores info of the idle setting, which is controlled by a servo, a little motor which opens-closes the throttle to keep a stable idle. You should leave the car´s engine running for about 30-45 minutes for the idle stabilizer to get back to normal. Sorry for the bad explanation, Im sleepy

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...