The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just painted my interior pieces...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    brandon

Just painted my interior pieces...

Took the last two days off of work because I was kinda sick and figured I'd make good use of my time....

Went to Home Depot, bought a couple of cans of silver spray paint and one can of clear coat, and went ahead and took apart my interior.

Painted pretty much all the interior pieces (center, vent outlines, shifter outline, door handle outlines, etc.)

Such a simple project, why hadn't I done it before???

Someone wanna loan me their digi?

Experienced TGC Member
    Sweet bro, I did mine just a few weeks ago. Silver seems to be the popular choice for all of us... I wonder why that is? Do you have the light grey/dark grey interior B?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    im going to be re-doing mine AGAIN

all the panels in dark blue, then the door panels the same dark gray as the dash and ive started to fiberglass the plush part in the door, that will be dark blue too. THEN new dark carpet comes in and new black/dark blue celica seats and black leather for the rear
    7g for life!

sleepagalant
    what did u do to prep it before u painted it?
    did u have to prime it?
    did sand or clean it up?
    only asking cuz i am getting some free time soon and want to do my interior also
    is there a way to do the the whole dash?
    what about the steering wheel cuz mine is turning colors?
    sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for the answers ... hopefully

yup prime it, paint it, then clear coat it, if u want it glossy and smooth sand it .... , i didnt though, didnt want it to shine like a mirror... hehe
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

brandon
    I have the dark grey/blue-ish interior, I love it much more than the tan I used to have... the silver really stands out and shines with it.

As for as the steps for the project...

1. Pop out the pieces.
    2. Clean with alcohol (make sure you let it dry completely!)
    3. Very light sanding (I used 320 grit wet sand paper)
    4. Wipe clean
    5. Paint (I didn't use primer) a few coats (I did 2)
    6. Sand lightly when completely dried (again used the 320 grit)
    7. Paint one more light coat
    8. Clear coat (2 layers)

You're done! Although getting the pieces back in (dash) were a bitch and a half.

Cost me $12 bucks.

cruising60

Interior paint

Just finished changing the color of my interior from the drab gray to a shiny black. Took out the seats and console in order to get to headliner, carpets and dashboard easier. Seats did not change that much. They still look like a dark gray but dashboard and doors came out real nice. I also installed a stainless steel bezel for the instrument panel to offset the black interior along with aluminum painted console trim. Pictures of finished product are at http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288603423. Will probably have the seats redone in black vinyl later. Already have a price of $700.00 for them.