The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is this worth getting for $200?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    Roundhouse

Is this worth getting for $200?

http://dnaracing.net/catalog/product_info....?products_id=76

I can afford it, but thats about the most I can spend on a mod for now.

Is it worth spending $200 on it? And would I see any performance gain?

Thanks

No overly exciting gains, at least IMHO.

Good purchase though, great vendor I recommend DNA Racing very highly.

For what its worth I took my Galant to Milan Dragway stock ran a 18.2. After installation of a Muffler and My AEM CAI i ran a 17.7.

nah...i'd save up for FI if i was you. If you're going to go fast, don't do it half assed. Either make your car look good, or start building to really go fast.

Roundhouse
    so would I be better getting this now? or saving up and getting something in a year or two for something bigger?

cause money is tight.

Roundhouse
    ok thanks, but what does FI mean? im new to all this stuff

mjc1055
    put it this way: you'd like the way it sounds but you wouldnt be able to tell the difference in the way it drives. keep saving the money... if you care about the sound that much, just flip your airbox over

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roundhouse)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok thanks, but what does FI mean? Â*im new to all this stuff</div>
    Forced Induction, i.e. Turbocharger (yay!) or Supercharger (boo!)

Roundhouse
    and good ones cost around $2000-$3000? And how much of a performance will there be?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roundhouse)</div><div class='quotemain'>and good ones cost around $2000-$3000? Â*And how much of a performance will there be?</div>
    You could probably piece together a junkyard turbo kit for about that. I could be wrong, I just drive a honda... (hey, i'm getting my kit for a total of $600, so shut up haters.) Performance gains are just a factor of airflow...there are a few mathematical equations to figure out an extremely rough idea of what kind of power you'll be making, but mostly it just comes down to tuning and dynoing. At 5 psi or so, you should be making somewhere around 33% more power than you do now, with the added benefit of being able to build up to take more boost when you come across some more money.

leadfoot
    i would recomend an SDS if you want serious power its not as chaep as a turbo but you will make more power with less psi 8) for example a bone stock i4 galant to my understanding averages 100whp . with the ripp header and the stage 1 SDS pushing 5 psi it's dynoing a 181 whp, enough said. dont get me started on the stage 2 that's comming out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would recomend an SDS if you want serious power its not as chaep as a turbo but you will make more power with less psi Â*8) Â*</div>
    Not true. Read the sticky at the top of the page.

i have the original version of the injen short ram for my car. but i have the v6 version. i totally love it. its on of my most favorite mods. IMO, 200 is alot to be paying for a short ram since you can get a cold air for a few bucks more and the fact that you can get a short ram from other manufacturers like AEM for about half the price. But yea, the vendor itself is one that i'd recomend myself.

i think it is a good investment for those who want to get started on making more power for their cars. not every1 wants to go forced induction, or can afford to. yea, u can have the money to afford a turbo kit or a sds, but the upkeep of it can be expensive also. if you are gonna build the turbo kit yourself there are parts in the short ram that you can reuse like the MAs adaptor and possibly the filter too. so you won't be at a total loss.

i know with myself, i have about 6 grand lying around, i can easily buy a turbo kit or a sds, but once i spend all that, its gone. i'd rather have a car that works than a car with a turbo that can make all this monster power but can't cuz i can't afford to buy replacement parts down the line.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

leadfoot
    I recomend the SDS becuase you can run it with stock internals and it bolts right on, not like a turbo where you have to fishing for parts. yeah it would be chaeper but does it have a warrenty and has there been over 150 of them sold and not a problem to date. just ask any of the galants that are turboed they make lots of power but at what expense having your daily driven car in the shop for long periods of time thats personaly not me with the SDS all yo got to do is get online, do research order and get it installed hell if your mildly ecperianced you can do it yourself if come with instructions! all im saying is if you got them money get the SDS it bolts right, and almost doubles your WHP.

Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot
    I recomend the SDS becuase you can run it with stock internals and it bolts right on, not like a turbo where you have to fishing for parts. yeah it would be chaeper but does it have a warrenty and has there been over 150 of them sold and not a problem to date. just ask any of the galants that are turboed they make lots of power but at what expense having your daily driven car in the shop for long periods of time thats personaly not me with the SDS all yo got to do is get online, do research order and get it installed hell if your mildly ecperianced you can do it yourself if come with instructions! all im saying is if you got them money get the SDS it bolts right, and almost doubles your WHP.
    Can you truely recommend something you dont have? I mean honestly.. Cause if someone takes your recommendation and something blows up in there face all you can do is sit back and say "dman Im glad I didnt do it first"

Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Can you truely recommend something you dont have? I mean honestly.. Cause if someone takes your recommendation and something blows up in there face all you can do is sit back and say "dman Im glad I didnt do it first"
    Now come on B. If you're gonna start dogging people for recommending stuff they don't have or never had, there are a lot more easier targets than leadfoot.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Now come on B. If you're gonna start dogging people for recommending stuff they don't have or never had, there are a lot more easier targets than leadfoot.
    yeah, like morons who think "more easier" is a grammatically correct phrase.

j/k man.

Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    yeah, like morons who think "more easier" is a grammatically correct phrase.

j/k man.
    When you use "more easier" as a stand alone phrase it is grammatically incorrect. When you use it as part of "a lot more easier" as in a definition of quantity, it is grammatically correct, moron. Maybe you should pay more attention to reading instead of being a post whore...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

leadfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    ok and lets say the SDS goes to shit. like i have been saying for the lingest time it comes with a warranty that means if something goes wrong with the system they will replace it. 2 year blower and 1 year for the HOLE SDS unit warranteed i have not read the fine print but it's 100% better then going completly custom like you did (no disrespect, im not saying anything bad about you or your car) just the SDS is garanteed power, and garanteed duabablity so yes i would reccomend the SDS! so what if i dont have the system i have enough knowledge about the damn thing to say if it's good or not. POINT BLANK OVER 175 HAVE BEEN SOLD AND NOT ONE HAS HAD ANY PROBLEMS!

**knuckles cracklininnin**

Where to begin....hmm ok I try things to make it easier on those like yourself that "I want power, but I dont want to save allowance for two years to get it" Cases vary yes all in all either saving allowance or paychecks same difference... I would rather be first, second all the way to #10 in something vs # 176 of just someone getting the same ole same ole...Oh yea its called creativity I'll spell it out for you Cre` Aaah ti~vity

You can read a stat on something Im glad to hear that grade school works in the US I'll clap it up for ya if you like! Yet again until you got it your opinion is worth as much as say an Ebay seller that owns a integra....Even worse its like owning a car with no gas pedel...pointless