The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weapon r intake

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Import_Beast

Weapon r intake

I have a 1997 Es automaitc can any one please tell me which weapon r intake is best for my car . theres a few to pick from but first i wanna hear if any body has any recommendations

weapon-r = garbage if you get an intake look on ebay or the internet for a bomz acura gsr cold air intake you will need a Mass air flow sensor adaptor ,

Quote Originally Posted by jay95galants
    weapon-r = garbage if you get an intake look on ebay or the internet for a bomz acura gsr cold air intake you will need a Mass air flow sensor adaptor ,
    yay for non ricers! lol

Most of the stuff weapon-r puts out is crap. In fact, all of it is. The only thing worse than Weapon-R is APC.

Go with a respectable company...if you're going to tune your car, spend a little more money and do it the right way.

Experienced TGC Member
    ^True.

But to answer your question, I had the Hyper on my 98 before I went to CAI. It looks really pretty if your into show and engine dress up rather than performance. If you prefer performance, I would stay away from the weapon R intakes, you can get the same gain out of a filter adapter kit on Ebay.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra

Go with a respectable company...if you're going to tune your car, spend a little more money and do it the right way.

Easier said than done when you're driving a 7g, homie. For instance, WeaponR is unfortunately the only company that makes anything more than a filter adapter kit as an intake. They actually give you 5" of painted steel tubing to your TB... :shock: But in no way can that justify a $200 price tag.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Import_Beast

thanks but another question

alright so i should stay away from weapon r if im looking for performance... then where can i find a top of the line line intake n filter for my ride thats not to overprized

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    But in no way can that justify a $200 price tag.
    How popular are galant aftermarket products? I would think that limited production would bump up the price quite a bit. For example, honda parts are really cheap because EVERYBODY buys them. But 1g eclipse parts can get pricey because fewer people buy them

Import_Beast

panel filter

a friend of mine said to put a panel filter ( the flat kind) from K&N that goes directly into my stock air filter box what should i do get the panel filter or get a round one with out the stock box? which one will give me more power? and which one is cheapier?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    dude read the first post in this section :oops:
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    How popular are galant aftermarket products? I would think that limited production would bump up the price quite a bit. For example, honda parts are really cheap because EVERYBODY buys them. But 1g eclipse parts can get pricey because fewer people buy them
    Well the difference lies in limited production apposed to non-production. The 8G Galant has some large companies backing it making intakes, body kits, lights, superchargers, etc.. But unfortunately the 7g seemed to have missed the gravy train, it was dismissed as a 30 something family sedan when the import scene really started taking off.
    This has really forced those whom own a 7g to become fabricators and innovators, which in my eyes is much more impressive than just buying things you want off the shelf. Take a look at some of the *stickies at the top of our 7g forums, most of what you see there is inginuity to make something out of nothing.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Amen....
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    Well the difference lies in limited production apposed to non-production. The 8G Galant has some large companies backing it making intakes, body kits, lights, superchargers, etc.. But unfortunately the 7g seemed to have missed the gravy train, it was dismissed as a 30 something family sedan when the import scene really started taking off.
    This has really forced those whom own a 7g to become fabricators and innovators, which in my eyes is much more impressive than just buying things you want off the shelf. Take a look at some of the *stickies at the top of our 7g forums, most of what you see there is inginuity to make something out of nothing.
    AMEN!!!!

when is we gon be free????

96GalantS
    or you could always just got to www.racinghard.com and by a galant front clip from japan and have a turboed galant....hehe.. make one out of an accord intake. same bend, just have to chop some off. be inventive the post what you've done.

GalantsArePoopy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2444278862

Hey, if i use buy this for my 7g, and a MAS adaptor for my 7g, is that all i need to make a nice CAI with that passes inspection (no mini air breathers)?

GalantsArePoopy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2444278862

Hey, if i use buy this for my 7g, and a MAS adaptor for my 7g, is that all i need to make a nice CAI with that passes inspection (no mini air breathers)?